Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
LSU TIGERS
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
very impressive. shot with it several times. im a qad fan but might try this one this year.

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
The one I tried to set up was a complete lemon and the customer service was much to be desired.

I like the concept but my first impression was not good.

·
Registered
931 Posts
To me it just seems like it would only allow you more opportunity to torque at the shot?

·
LSU TIGERS
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To me it just seems like it would only allow you more opportunity to torque at the shot?
u can also look at it as it gives u the opportunity to be more accurate bc it stays on longer and keeps the arrow straighter. there is no way its staying on that much longer though for torquing to effect it and if we are doing our job there is no torqueing. everything i have read is most people and bow companies that have tested it thinks it the no.1 rest made now. ive always been a qad guy and im going to try it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
That's doesn't make any sense. That means blade rest would be the absolute worst then right because the arrow is in contact the whole time?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
625 Posts
The one I tried to set up was a complete lemon and the customer service was much to be desired.

I like the concept but my first impression was not good.
What was wrong with the customer service? I had a problem with mine and the owner of the company came to the shop that day and looked at it and replaced it.

·
LSU TIGERS
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
everything ive read says customer service is outstanding.

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
You probably set it up wrong. What was the problem?

What was wrong with the customer service? I had a problem with mine and the owner of the company came to the shop that day and looked at it and replaced it.

Been looking at this rest,what was the problems you guys had?Hopefully just new manufacturing mishaps?
I spent 4 solid hours trying to make this rest work so believe me it was the rest and not me. First off I was having issues with getting the launcher to work the way I wanted it to in relation to the berger hole. It was sitting a bit high for my liking so I contacted them to see if they had different launchers that would work. They told me they had a different launcher but the problem would be worse with it and there is no need for concern, just move the rest up higher and it will still shoot fine. They said they really would not prefer to have the 2 options.

Thats not my point, when I tune I like to stay at the optimum position for nock height. He then proceeded to ask me if I was shooting Blazer and what bow I was installing it on. He then mentioned how the Hoyt V shelf was ridiculous and the reason for part of my problems. On top of that it was shooting Blazer vanes that added to my problem. Now this guy does not know me at all so I am just listening to all this nonsense and shacking my head, quite frankly at this point they are not worth my time.

I have a very good customer that wanted me to really see if I can get it to work so they grudgingly sent me the other launcher that they don't want anyone knowing about. Heaven for bid it would cost more money to produce 2 of them as an option. Well the new launcher arrived and it actually worked like I thought it would and brought my nocking point down a hair, so I thought everything would go a lot smoother. Well first go went well with zero fletching contact then I start getting an occasional flyer and to be honest with their attitude and the 4 hrs trying to get this rest to work, I have about had it. Well I feel the last problem was coming from it rubbing inside the housing. It was already wearing paint off where it rotates inside the housing itself.

So bottom line poor service and a lemon for my first go at the Axion Pulse rest

·
LSU TIGERS
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope it was a lemon and not a hoyt thing. The one I shot it on was a mathews and it worked great

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
I hope it was a lemon and not a hoyt thing. The one I shot it on was a mathews and it worked great
They sorta implied that Mathews was better .

Personally after talking with that guy on the phone I will not buy anything from them personally

Like I said before, I like the concept but what a lemon for my first go at them and the customer service, well, I already mentioned that.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
A friend onf mine just put this rest on his brand new Elite Hunter and the shop couldn't get it to stop slapping the shelf and making alot of noise. Customer service told the shop it was set up wrong and he took it off after the first day shooting and put a QAD on. It seems like a good concept but I'll stick with my TT Pronghorn it's nevr failed to work in the 8 years I've had it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I spent 4 solid hours trying to make this rest work so believe me it was the rest and not me. First off I was having issues with getting the launcher to work the way I wanted it to in relation to the berger hole. It was sitting a bit high for my liking so I contacted them to see if they had different launchers that would work. They told me they had a different launcher but the problem would be worse with it and there is no need for concern, just move the rest up higher and it will still shoot fine. They said they really would not prefer to have the 2 options.

Thats not my point, when I tune I like to stay at the optimum position for nock height. He then proceeded to ask me if I was shooting Blazer and what bow I was installing it on. He then mentioned how the Hoyt V shelf was ridiculous and the reason for part of my problems. On top of that it was shooting Blazer vanes that added to my problem. Now this guy does not know me at all so I am just listening to all this nonsense and shacking my head, quite frankly at this point they are not worth my time.

I have a very good customer that wanted me to really see if I can get it to work so they grudgingly sent me the other launcher that they don't want anyone knowing about. Heaven for bid it would cost more money to produce 2 of them as an option. Well the new launcher arrived and it actually worked like I thought it would and brought my nocking point down a hair, so I thought everything would go a lot smoother. Well first go went well with zero fletching contact then I start getting an occasional flyer and to be honest with their attitude and the 4 hrs trying to get this rest to work, I have about had it. Well I feel the last problem was coming from it rubbing inside the housing. It was already wearing paint off where it rotates inside the housing itself.

So bottom line poor service and a lemon for my first go at the Axion Pulse rest
Sounds more like you don't know how to set it up rather than the rest itself. Why would you not just adjust the rest down to line it up with the berger holes instead of making them send you a different launcher? How far down did you set the cord on the cable? It needs to be as low as possible on the cable. Not sure who you talked to but their customer service is outstanding. The owner cam to my shop when I had a question

·
Registered
3,993 Posts

What was the problem with yours that it had to be replaced?

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Sounds more like you don't know how to set it up rather than the rest itself. Why would you not just adjust the rest down to line it up with the berger holes instead of making them send you a different launcher? How far down did you set the cord on the cable? It needs to be as low as possible on the cable. Not sure who you talked to but their customer service is outstanding. The owner cam to my shop when I had a question

The reason for not bringing the rest down with the regular launcher is because I prefer my rest to sit flat and not at an angle when in the down position. I am not going to argue with you and you can back them all you want, I could really careless. Here is a pic of the rubbing on the rest. Like I said it was a lemon and not the set up that caused my issues. The cord was about 9-10" long and it was down the cable plenty long enough. The other launcher worked 100% better and the problem after that was not enough clearance in the housing when rotating. All my fault, I don't think so. A complete lemon, at least on this one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364565701.946946.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364565725.783873.jpg

·
LSU TIGERS
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ontarget7 is a pretty knowledgable guy. i would say he got a lemon. in saying that u should give them another try and not write them off. the next one u get might work better than any rest u have ever tried. im sure u have experienced that with bows and other equipment in the past.

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
ontarget7 is a pretty knowledgable guy. i would say he got a lemon. in saying that u should give them another try and not write them off. the next one u get might work better than any rest u have ever tried. im sure u have experienced that with bows and other equipment in the past.
To be honest bro, nothing like that. The customer service killed it for me as well. Trying to blame everything else Hoyt, Blazers etc was a bit much. Like I said I do like the concept but they will need some kinks worked out.

·
LSU TIGERS
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i will be trying it on a hoyt so i will be able to let everyone know for sure if its a winner or not. i believe it will be and will be better than the qad rest ive always used.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts