Archery Talk Forum banner

Cherokee Inflatables

483 6
Just ordered the four pack of Cherokee turkey decoys.
Anybody have any feedback on them?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
526 Posts
I never cared for the taste of them. Prefer the real ones myself. :set1_STOOGE2:
Sorry. No I never tried them. But I generally never cared for any of the inflatables. I like the collapse-able ones much better. They look better closer up. The bow up dolls (LOL - sorry) seem to be a bit to shiny from a distance is my experience.

· Registered
227 Posts
great thing is a slight breeze will move them back and forth, drawing shy birds in. Thats how I got my big tom. He hung up at about 70 yards then saw the decoys moving back and forth and I didn even have to call. He came in running with another tom and drop kicked my strutter knocking him to the ground.

· Registered
2,768 Posts
I swear by them! I only have used the ones with the molded heads. Never failed to get a tom running. I had a flock of about 20 just hang around 3 of them a few years back. just stood there...then the tom stepped out and boom..it was over. the other birds didnt leave untill I got up to grab my bird.

· Registered
63 Posts
I have used them also the last 2 years. When I first got them I was a little dissapointed with the way the bodies looked, the molded heads on the other hand are awesome quality. I put them out opening day and started calling, and what do u know in comes 2 gobblers right at sun up. One of them totally flogged my jake decoy while the other was in full strut watching. As soon as he got off my decoy I let em have it. Needless to say they are all I use now. I did by the strutting gobbler this year can't wait to try it out. Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.