Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to go pick up my Halon tomorrow but the Chill on paper and what everyone is saying on here about them is appealing enough to me to wait on the Halon.

My question is why aren't people able to get good money for a 1-2 year old top of the line Mathews bow? Is it the off season, new bow buzz of the Halon??? What's holding these bows back from bringing top dollar in the market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Because people who ask good money for a used bow have trouble selling them. If you want good money for something used, you should be selling classic cars. Bows are just tools.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But 2011 Monsters are selling for about the same price.
Everyone says it's one of the best used bows on the market for shoot ability and speed. You'd think they'd hold their value better. Maybe I'm just analyzing it too much.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Monster series bow are the best. I have the original monster 6 (2009) monster Xlr8 (2010) and monster mr6 (2014) and would never get rid of them I think there the best shooting bows they have made. Besides my monster wake. Didn't care for the chill series. I sold mine

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Idk I don't see anything wrong the chill series. One of the smoothest bows Mathews had made and decently fast. Resale was good for awhile I'm not sure what happened

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I LOVE the Chill series. ....IMO, it's the BEST Mathews bow I've ever shot....IMO owned every flagship bow Mathews' has built since the Drenalin...with multiples of some....Rock mods make a huge difference from the standard Chill mods. Selling a used bow is touch and go.....the biggest problem IMO is for some reason it seems like alot of guys pay MSRP for there new bow then try and sell the bow for damn near the same price they paid for it....where some dealers discount there new bows $100-$150-$200 from MSRP ......makes a huge difference. If I can walk in to my local shop and pay $800 cash for a brand new current flagship model with full warranty or buy it used on A.T. or another site for $800-$950 the choice is obvious. When I buy a new bow I plan on losing $200 the day I take it home when I end up selling it ( and that's selling it 1 model year later or less).....more if it's older than 1 model year.....I have never used any warranty coverage , but the piece of mind of having a warranty is worth $150 to me.....Mathews' bows hold there value alot more than most.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. I'm hung up on buying a new bow because of the warranty. I've never needed to use a warranty on a bow, but it's peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
onlyaspike has it. I help my buddy, who is a Mathews dealer quite a bit and he sells me the bow I want just a bit over his cost. So the amount I expect to sell my used bow at is much different than the guy who pays just less than msrp for his. If I get $650-750 for mine after shooting it a year I'm ok with that.

To the actual point of the original post....If you are looking at buying a specific bow used isn't it a good thing they are cheap. At least until you resell it anyway.

The Chill X is a great bow. I sold mine when I bought my Wake. However I like the HTR better and the Halon X will be even better than both I think.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
It's a buyers market right now. The same mint condition 2015 chill series bow struggling to sale for half price now could bring $6-700 this summer. The price is really dictated by the market and the individual buyer. I sold a 3mo old Helim mint condition for $500 best offer at the time. A month or so ago I saw a 3yo Helim in average condition sold for over $600.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Also supply and demand comes into play, alot of guys are trying to sell their bow to get some money to offset the cost of the new bow. Hence driving the price down. Once everyone has their new and used bows the supply will go down and the price will go back up.
I got lucky and sold mine but priced it to sell and sold it to someone I knew.
But as correctly stated before its funny how people value their bows and equipment....I dont care if it has only "50 shots through it" ( how much $ do you have to burn if u can buy something that expensive and only shoot it 50 times) it is still used and you better knock 25% off it for me to even look at it. Or people who are actually listing accesories for more than you can get them online for an easy internet search. I dont care if you bought it for 250$ and want to sell it used for 200$, when i can google it nd buy it new for 175$

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
get a unregistered used bow. that seems to be a major selling point to. there was a chill on ebay not to long ago that brought in over 600$ bare bow. id say thats not bad at all. z7 extremes are prob one of the best bows to have they always sell for good money on here, ebay, and craigslist. especially the tactical ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts