Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide between a Chill R and a Chill X. I have shot the Chill X and loved it but also have heard good things about the Chill R. I have a bum shoulder so the bow must have a smooth draw. I have read that the Chill R has a little tougher draw but I like the shorter brace height since i sometimes hunt out of a ground blind. What do you all prefer and what do you suggest?

· Registered
2,130 Posts
Ive had both the x draws better. And to be honest the X for me the better bow and its not that much slower than the R. Your talking maybe an 1 1/2 on top and bottom longer which to me isnt that big of a deal. The string angle is better on the X and I shoot the X better than any bow Ive ever had and I have had too many bows over the past 5 years LOL

· Registered
1,242 Posts
I have a '15 Chill R and I've had just about every other Mathews bow besides the X., so I can't compare the two. What I can say is that an R with Rock Mods is very smooth and easy to hold at full draw for long periods of time. My other bow is a Monster Safari so that goes the other direction with an agressive demeanor. But i don't think you can go wrong with the R or the X.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for your input. I have been shooting the same Mathews Q2 for the last 9 years and I still love shooting it but I feel it is time to upgrade haha. I have been doing a lot of spot and stalk mule deer hunting on public land this year here in kansas and it has become clear that I need a bow that I will feel more comfortable taking a longer shot with. Its amazing how quick any bow feels compared to my old Q2. Thanks again!

· Registered
186 Posts
I have the Chill X, and have to say that I have had no bow in my hands ever that draws as smoothly and has absolutely no hand shock whatsoever as it does. I have shot the Chill R, and although it's a very good bow as well, I still think you can not go wrong with the Chill X.

· Registered
25,353 Posts
Haven't shot the r but the x is a good feeling bow. Really nice draw cycle and back wall. Kinda feels like my insanity but longer.

· Registered
457 Posts
I own both bows. I think they both have good draw cycles, but the Chill X has a slightly easier pull. The Chill X is the sweat pants of bows. Personally I shoot the Chill X better. I love the light weight maneuverability of the Chill R though. If i could keep only one no doubt it would be the Chill X.

· Registered
1,308 Posts
I own both bows. I think they both have good draw cycles, but the Chill X has a slightly easier pull. The Chill X is the sweat pants of bows. Personally I shoot the Chill X better. I love the light weight maneuverability of the Chill R though. If i could keep only one no doubt it would be the Chill X.
Describing the Chill X as the sweat pants of bows might be the most accurate and hilarious way I have ever heard. That bow is special for sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.