Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it Chinese hoyt buffalo bow copy, compared it to my hoyt buffalo 45 lb bow and there are virtually identical in the risers, in feel and weight and dimensions. Only $125 shipped with limbs and ILF adapters. Pictures of bow are with PSE ILF limbs installed.

Note riser is set up for buffalo or formula limbs or ILF with included adapters.

Chronographed a 485 grn carbon arrow thru the hoyt bow and it did 179 fps and the Chinese buffalo bow with the wood maple limbs did round 181 fps and 190 with the PSE 50lb limbs.

Great buy for anyone wanting a nice version of a hoyt buffalo at 25% of the cost.

FYI delivery took 2 weeks from china.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The riser is a cheap casting alloy copy, shamelessly got one for myself when my genuine Buffalo was on its way....Just to stop the itch...But surprisingly, the knock off blue grip has a heavier mass n more solid feel comparing with the Hoyt grip.

The adapter works fine, but on some ILF limbs, the connector will fall short hence the limb won't sit all the way to the bottom of the adapter. In such case, I bed the gap with instamorph.

Plus the provided screws generally run short (I got some longer screws in hardware store).

Again, it is still a knock off, bought one only because I had a genuine Buffalo coming n couldn't bear the wait.

Not saying I am doing the right thing at all.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
And I don't agree they feel n weight the same

The knock off is weighted differently due to being cast alloy.... n it has a rough sand blasting like paint job...

Ironically....The knock off's paint job is actually tougher...much tougher.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Well here it Chinese hoyt buffalo bow copy, compared it to my hoyt buffalo 45 lb bow and there are virtually identical in the risers, in feel and weight and dimensions. Only $125 shipped with limbs and ILF adapters. Pictures of bow are with PSE ILF limbs installed.

Note riser is set up for buffalo or formula limbs or ILF with included adapters.

Chronographed a 485 grn carbon arrow thru the hoyt bow and it did 179 fps and the Chinese buffalo bow with the wood maple limbs did round 181 fps and 190 with the PSE 50lb limbs.

Great buy for anyone wanting a nice version of a hoyt buffalo at 25% of the cost.

FYI delivery took 2 weeks from china.
Dude, u missed installing the original limb detent screw back into the connector!!

Remember to use thread lock also.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
So happy I found this thread... Having so many problems trying to find formula limbs for my Buffalo... Anyways, for Buffalo owners that want to use ILF limbs, I found this as well:

Sorry I cant post complete links (My post count isn't high enough)

ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-CNC-Connection-Hardware-Component-For-F-Riser-ILF-Limbs-Recurve-Bow-/253611454111

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi, I have a gen Buff, and am intrigued by these ILF adaptors.

Do they increase the bow length to an odd length? So with medium limbs, instead of a 62 inch bow, it would be 63 or something.

Also not sure the effect on draw weight and stability the adaptors would have.

Any info on these would be great, as potentially this would make a great riser even better!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I already have mine, I'm struggling to assemble, it's very fair

View attachment 6579347
View attachment 6579349

I think I'll have to sand the raise
no need, it happens to my sf velocity F limbs with a relatively long dimple

just need a weaker spring in the detend assembly or swap a smaller dimple, or pre-press the dimple abit with ur thumb to let it goes in the riser first

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hi, I have a gen Buff, and am intrigued by these ILF adaptors.

Do they increase the bow length to an odd length? So with medium limbs, instead of a 62 inch bow, it would be 63 or something.

Also not sure the effect on draw weight and stability the adaptors would have.

Any info on these would be great, as potentially this would make a great riser even better!

ur original string for f limbs will cover the ILF+ adpater, in case of a + length, a normal flemish will set it by some untwists

I would not use those adapters on a gen buff, as the adapter metal is quite heavy duty n solid, it will scratch the poor/weak paintjob on a gen Buff

·
Registered
205 Posts
Would be great if they could copy the grips, and sell them on their own. I suspect there are many Dorado/Gamemaster/Tiburon/Buffalo owners that would like to get new grips, especially the rarer medium and high grip ones (Jagers are plastic, wood much nicer) Though maybe not blue colored wood.

I guess not too difficult with a CNC woodworking machine.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Would be great if they could copy the grips, and sell them on their own. I suspect there are many Dorado/Gamemaster/Tiburon/Buffalo owners that would like to get new grips, especially the rarer medium and high grip ones (Jagers are plastic, wood much nicer) Though maybe not blue colored wood.

I guess not too difficult with a CNC woodworking machine.
they have...just not on ebay...I bought 5 of them for my gen Buff n Tiburon ...hahahah

the quality is ironically way better than original hoyt pro-fit grip...more heavy n dense

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...Rf83O&id=530646031637&ns=1&abbucket=13#detail

here is a custom grip maker for med grip, he also makes wood grip for all Hoyt n W&W risers
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...5WDHm&id=558025584665&ns=1&abbucket=13#detail
but I heard some of his works has sloppy screw holes position, n waiting time is a bit long...so I passed

1 - 20 of 41 Posts