Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Defiant 30 that i use as my primary hunting set up. Currently i have a KSB1 installed on it but i have been hearing and seeing a lot of traffic on the CHL string stops. Read as many forums as i could on them and they seem to have great reviews. Can anyone shed any insight into my debate on switching from the KSB1 to the CHL or if it is even worth the switch? Is the sounds/ dampening really noticeable? Thanks for your time and input!

·
Hunter of many things
11,995 Posts
As for me, the Bowtech string stop is cheap and made of carbon similar to the Ktech I see. The CHL uses an alum rod with a special material for the stop, which is pretty soft yet doest get chewed up from shooting. Will it make a big difference from the Ktech, IDK to be honest. ITs only $20 to try so you wont be out much.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there any noticeable weight difference in the two? i cant see much of a difference in rubber stop material and the ktech has the mathews harmonic dampener and the CHL uses a bowjax. correct me if im wrong but it looks like the only major difference is in the carbon vs aluminum mount rods...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bowtecher82nd what is the deciding factor in switching them all for you? preference, weight, sound, etc thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K-Tech KSB1

·
Registered
394 Posts
I can't comment on the KSB1 but I can say the CHL string stop is the real deal. Much more sturdy than many of the factory stops and it softens the shot a lot. Luke has made a lot of these and I've never seen any negative reviews for his products.

·
Shootingairborne
10,571 Posts
CHL offers one with a thicker rubber coating. That's what I'd go with. :)

·
Registered
27,123 Posts
I have never used a CHL but I have only heard great things about it. Speaking from my experience with the Ktech KSB1, it makes a noticeable difference on a bow with limbs that are not parallel or beyond parallel. I have the Ktech on my GT500‘s and the difference between them and the stock string stop is significant.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I have used the KSB1 on several bows in the past, and here recently I have installed a CHL on a Bowtech Destroyer and just today I received a Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo (this one has a rubber coating on the rod).... Both the KSB1 and CHL's are quality components. In my opinion, for the price, the CHL is equally good or better in sound deadening than the KSB1, but the CHL's are much cheaper. The CHL's are also much lighter than the KSB1's.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have never used a CHL but I have only heard great things about it. Speaking from my experience with the Ktech KSB1, it makes a noticeable difference on a bow with limbs that are not parallel or beyond parallel. I have the Ktech on my GT500‘s and the difference between them and the stock string stop is significant.
i agree, the ksb1 is a quality sting stop compared to the factory. do you use the rubber stop that comes with the ksb1 or do you change it out?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i agree they are a big improvement over factory stops i have used in the past. do you keep the rubber stop that comes with the k-tech kit or do you swap it out for a different brand like bowjax? i have heard some do that

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As for me, the Bowtech string stop is cheap and made of carbon similar to the Ktech I see. The CHL uses an alum rod with a special material for the stop, which is pretty soft yet doest get chewed up from shooting. Will it make a big difference from the Ktech, IDK to be honest. ITs only $20 to try so you wont be out much.
im going to order one and compare the two side by side. i think that will be the only way to truly know. i will post my findings on here once im done

1 - 14 of 14 Posts