Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Monster

Votes: 23 17.7%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I am now working on a new 3D bow for 2009....but i can't decide which one i want....

I am deciding between...

Monster
Reezen
Alphamax 35

If you have any suggestions i am welcome to them as long as the bow is either a hoyt or a Mathews....

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Hoyt VE Black out with camo limbs 50-60 lbs with spirals say 29" DL

at the end of the season i know a person that will take it off your hands :D

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
you have a great 3d bow in that C4 allready......

you know the one in your signature which violates the sig rules:shade:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just happen to have a 29" draw.....

but i will go all black with any bow i buy....i have a conquest 4 and have it all black also....LOL

·
Registered
271 Posts
The monster is what i have decided on because i can stack the arrows, and the draw is smooth with dw @ 56# but you decide because what work for me might not for you. just back it down and shoot it , do you have a speed you're trying to reach like a limit. i went crazy and bought the reezen before the monster demo was there and now i am gonna use as my hunting bow.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I'd say the AM35. I've heard nothing but good things about them. Personally I haven't shot one but I did shoot a 32 and liked it alot and supposedly the 35 is even better. I havent really heard a whole lot about the Reezen or Monster. I know the Monster wouldnt be one of my choices for 3D because of the 6" b/h.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you guys think???

My concern with the Alphamax is its speed...both the monster and Reezen are faster and the reezen is pretty darn smooth....

I know speed is an issue and choosing the monster will leave me with only one pin for 20 and 30 yards....and the Alphamax is the slowest in the bunch...

But is the speed difference between the reezen and the alphamax significant enough to be factored into my decision?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
because of my conquest 4 i am used to longer brace heights....so thats why i am kinda partial to the reezen 7.0 and the alphamax 35

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you have a great 3d bow in that C4 allready......

you know the one in your signature which violates the sig rules:shade:
oops...shows i don't even know the rules...LOL

but i think my sig is really harmless...

My conquest for is all set up for indoor and field so i want a dedicated 3D bow... :teeth:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The monster is what i have decided on because i can stack the arrows, and the draw is smooth with dw @ 56# but you decide because what work for me might not for you. just back it down and shoot it , do you have a speed you're trying to reach like a limit. i went crazy and bought the reezen before the monster demo was there and now i am gonna use as my hunting bow.
i dont really have a speed i am looking for....but speed is always a positive i believe....

i will just have to get better at range estimation if i dont choose the monster

·
Registered
271 Posts
we have the 280 rule i am getting 300 out of mine on 56# 29" 375 arrow so at the shoot this sat. if i win i wont take the $ but i have to get some heavier arrows to get me down . thats why i was asking

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
i feel a landslide coming on.....scoreboard,scoreboard.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
My concern with the Alphamax is its speed...both the monster and Reezen are faster and the reezen is pretty darn smooth....

I know speed is an issue and choosing the monster will leave me with only one pin for 20 and 30 yards....and the Alphamax is the slowest in the bunch...

But is the speed difference between the reezen and the alphamax significant enough to be factored into my decision?
With speed you lose forgiveness, not alot but some. I'd rather loose a little speed and have a better shooting bow. The AM will be plenty fast enough trust me. I have a Katera XL that I use for 3d and I'm getting 290 fps out of it with a 350 grain arrow set at 60 lbs and 302 fps out of it with a 320 grain arrow. To me thats plenty fast enough.

If speed is your main issue that is keeping you from the AM than it sounds like the only choice you have is to get the Monster and it kinda sounds like you wont be happy unless you have the fastest shooting bow out of the 3 on your list.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
i just happen to have a 29" draw.....

but i will go all black with any bow i buy....i have a conquest 4 and have it all black also....LOL
great,

so order up that sweet shooter Vantage Elite with some spirals though all black isnt MY favorite, id bet this person i know would still take it off your hands at the end of the year for pretty good price, just sayin

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
The AM 35 shoots like a dream and holds very nice. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
261 Posts
With speed you lose forgiveness, not alot but some. I'd rather loose a little speed and have a better shooting bow. The AM will be plenty fast enough trust me. I have a Katera XL that I use for 3d and I'm getting 290 fps out of it with a 350 grain arrow set at 60 lbs and 302 fps out of it with a 320 grain arrow. To me thats plenty fast enough.

If speed is your main issue that is keeping you from the AM than it sounds like the only choice you have is to get the Monster and it kinda sounds like you wont be happy unless you have the fastest shooting bow out of the 3 on your list.
Isn't the Katera a 6"BH bow? Does that effect the "forgiveness?"

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I see many Hoyt clones voted. ;) ...the Reezen is a better buy IMO. I've shot all 3. In reality, the Drenalin LD surpasses all 3.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I haven't shot any of them, but for 3d I'd take the AM35 all day. which is weird cuz I shoot a mathews. but I like the longer ATA's for target shooting, thats just me though.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts