Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only been shooting for close to a year now and have been using a caliper release and I am thinking about switching to either a thumb release or back tension. Which would better suit a woman, or does it just depend on your preferences? I have a problem with quick shooting and want to step away from caliper releases.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
It all is in the preference of the women/shooter. I know alot of ppl who shoot both. I personaly dont (never have) shoot BT releases. I have however shot a thumb release. The Tru Ball Pro Diamond it a nice, not so expensive release. It helped me get over my "trigger punching" then I went back to my trusty old Scotts Little Goose. But like I said it is all in YOUR preference. I prefer my Goose. But good luck and have fun shooting...:wink:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've only been shooting for close to a year now and have been using a caliper release and I am thinking about switching to either a thumb release or back tension. Which would better suit a woman, or does it just depend on your preferences? I have a problem with quick shooting and want to step away from caliper releases.
I have the same problem with quick shooting. I know it's all mental and truely it is ... but I've thought about a new release also. Just haven't taken the time to go looking. The ladies here have some great advice!

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
It all is in the preference of the women/shooter. I know alot of ppl who shoot both...
Agreed. I shoot a trigger and thumb, and may venture to a bt in the near future. I up for anything that will make me refocus while shooting.

and Welcome to AT! Happy shooting!
X------------------------------:archer:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I get so frustrated because I know what I should do to stop quick shooting, but once I draw back, I'm not focused enough to think about that, or I think I'm doing better, but it's easier said than done

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
yep..definetly easier said than done! slow down an methodically go thru it all in your head...it helps me anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts