Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Newbie here

Just getting back into archery. It's been about 15 years since I've shot. Man have bows changed alot. LOL I just bought a PSE Firestorm Lite and I'm having a blast just playing around setting things up. I plan to shoot some local 3D's to get in tune for hunting season. I've been out of the loop for so long I am lost when it comes to bow accessories anymore. Where is a good place to start as far as noise reduction? I dont have anything on my bow right now other than string leeches. Is a stabilizer a necessity? Can you have too much "stuff" on a bow? A coworker has been helping me a little but he stalks when he hunts so his bow is stripped down pretty good. I've seen some that have a ton of stuff on them also.

Chris

·
32,710 Posts
Firestorm_05 said:
Hello, Newbie here

Just getting back into archery. It's been about 15 years since I've shot. Man have bows changed alot. LOL I just bought a PSE Firestorm Lite and I'm having a blast just playing around setting things up. I plan to shoot some local 3D's to get in tune for hunting season. I've been out of the loop for so long I am lost when it comes to bow accessories anymore. Where is a good place to start as far as noise reduction? I dont have anything on my bow right now other than string leeches. Is a stabilizer a necessity? Can you have too much "stuff" on a bow? A coworker has been helping me a little but he stalks when he hunts so his bow is stripped down pretty good. I've seen some that have a ton of stuff on them also.

Chris
It would be hard to beat the Simms S Coil in blk or camo. You can get one for about $15.00 and it works really well. I have one on my OG and I think it's one of the best buys out there in archery accessories!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Can't beat Hi Tek

Try any of the Hi Tek stabilizers, especially the new Quad. They have the best stabilizer products and best pricing in the industry.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
You asked the question, can you have too much. Yes, and no. If weight is the most important thing to you, and your shots are fairly close, and your bow is already quite, than a stabilizer is probably not high on your list of "needs".

If you are hunting out of a stand, and you have lots of branch free room, and you plan on shooting longer shots, etc., etc., than you could shoot a 36" stabilizer and be just fine (did it once to prove a point - from a ground blind for mule deer - pin wheeled at 50 yards).

Most of us find that we want something in between for most of our hunting. A stabilizer can reduce noise, increase accuracy, improve balance, and be a real asset to your hunting. The above listed stabilizers are all great, but so are a lot of others. I am using an old Doinker and doing very well thank you. But how much you get is more of a matter of personal taste. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
rembrandt said:
It would be hard to beat the Simms S Coil in blk or camo. You can get one for about $15.00 and it works really well. I have one on my OG and I think it's one of the best buys out there in archery accessories!
Yep. This is the stabilizer to get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts