Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the group and fairly new to Bow Hunting. I have shot a few different bows in the past year or two and I'm somewhat proficient with my archery skills as of now. I have a old York Bushwhacker set to 60# at around 29" draw length, I'm looking to upgrade and buy the bow I plan to use hunting next season. I have looked around at several manufacturers and several different bows from each. I'm on the fence between the PSE STINGER or the BEAR SPECIES. I would really like to get a bow that is highly adjustable as far as draw weight and draw length so that I can pass it down to my son and he can grow with it as he gets older. I myself sit comfortable with 60# of draw around a 28-29" draw. I would appreciate any input and advise you guys have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am also in the market for a new bow and i have to say i am really impressed with the new Matthews bow with the versatility and how adjustable they are and i have always been a bow tech guy but i also dont know what your budget is

·
Registered
2 Posts
I myself just got back into the archery game too.I am impressed with the adjustability of many of the new bows. I looked at Mathews, PSE, Bowtech and Hoyt. I ended up with a Hoyt Powermax. I went with what I felt would have the best support near me if I had issues.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
How old is your son? The "one size fits all have some serious draw backs (slow and mush valley), sure you want to do that? probably be better bows in the future for him. I would look for a 35" 7" brace height with a IBO speed of around 330, like a used PSE Evolve, or an Elite E 35 used and you can buy him a one size fits all as he grows (lots of them used as kids outgrow them)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The boy is 9 going on 10 here in December. He is already capable of pulling back 25# at around a 25-26" draw length. He uses an older Bear Badge I got off a buddy and shoots that pretty well. I would just like to get something I can use to Hunt with and he can inherit later on when he is old enough to Hunt and j have more money to upgrade my Bow. Now that you mention those draw backs to the more adjustable bows tho I may look into a couple other options I was exploring to see if can get more bang for my buck. BTW price range I'm looking at is between $350-550.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts