Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for advise on what to look for in the perfect scope for shooting indoors.

Such as, Brand, Model, Housing Diameter, Pin color, Pin Diameter, Lens Magnifacation, and Reticle style.

I am open to all opinions.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
try them out!! i suggest a smaller scope housing for indoors, and the power is all personal preference. personaly, i like a super scope, with a 5x lens, but that is just me. :)

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
I'd have to recommend an Extreme scope. They offer a lightweight, good light gathering, scope with plenty of choices for which magnification. Me - I would use a 6X with a drill through lens for indoors.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I have been using the Extreme XTG scope for a couple of years now and have been very happy with them. "0" problems of any sort. I use an "up pin" for 3-D, and a black dot on the lens for target.

For an even better combination, try a Feathervision lens in your scope. Feathervisions makes lenes to fit most any manufactures scope housing and you can choose custom tints for your style of shooting.

http://www.extremearchery.com/

http://www.feathervisions.com/

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jim,

Them Extreme Scopes are making me do some serious thinking.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Scopes

Shrewd scopes

go to shrewd's web site I think they are the best
they aren't cheap but it is worth it

·
Registered
101 Posts
For shooting indoors, the smaller diameter scopes seem to do the best job. And the only truly new lens in archery is the Truespot. This lens has helped numerous archers to excel in their game. If you like a target scope with a lower level, the Millennium Target would be the best choice. The new Pro Series Scope with a high level is now available with the Truespot lens:D

For more information please call 1-800-497-3755 M-F (8-5 EST) or log onto http://www.bossproshops.com

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
I have used several different scopes in the past few years. Classic Scopes are really nice scopes, so are ATC brand scopes.
Now I'm using Golden Key Futura Gold Scopes and have a GKF Multiscope coming. I have been totally impressed with their quality and Clarity.

Scope Magnification is a very personal preference thing. The shooter needs to try out different powers to find which one works best for him or her. I have found that I see a better sight picture with a 6X lens than I do a lower magnification. I tried a friends 8X lens out and everything was Blurry for me.

Also keep in mind that the distance from the eye to the lens helps with clarity.So does the size of the peep sight.

You can checkout the GKF line of scopes at:
http://www.goldenkeyarchery.com/scopes.html

Good Luck finding the perfect scope for yor shooting! :)

Dick

·
Registered
286 Posts
i would suggest that you look at truespot for indoors. it gives you a look at the full 5 spot target yet the center magnifies the x-ring. bullseye sells them.

there is not a dot on the lens. give yourself time to become accustom to the sight thru the lens and i believe that you will like it. this lens allows the shooter to be relaxed during the aiming process. you look at the x instead of trying to line up pin/dot on the x. after you get used to it, it is very relaxing to shoot.

it is a great design.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Plainsman-

Unfortunately you may not find the "perfect" indoor scope for YOU until you try many of them. Different diameters, different magnifications, dots, rings, truespot, x-view, etc...... And getting just the right sight picture may also depend on your peep diameter, anchor point, and sight bar extension length.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
can you one for both indoor and NFAA or 3D.... if so it is more like a 4X scope.....or can you get away with just a 2X...I do not want to get so high that I can not see the 3D targets....

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
For indoor (both NFAA and NAA FITA) and for outdoor (Field and FITA targets I use a 2X with a black dot. For 3-D, I use a 3X with a fiber up pin, but I could also use a 2X as well.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
thanks Jim I will give it a try and see how I make out with a 2x..

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Yes ,We have a New Scope coming...

it will be a step up from our Interdot....

With a FeatherVision Lens w/Center Fire Dot.

Clear and a good price as all GKF Products!

GKF tech

1 - 15 of 15 Posts