Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Summit Viper but I'm only 15 and I have to hunt with my dad until i'm 16. So we have both been hunting out of a cheap very heavy very uncomfortable two man tree stand. Our max time we can stay in it is about 4hours and after we put it up in one spot we can not move it again because it is so heavy.

So my dad wants to get a stand for him he is 5' 11'' and weighs around 230 pounds we will be hunting public land so he needs something light and easy to set up. What would you recomend for him a climber or a hang on? Also what kind of climber or hang on?

Money is also a big concern we don't have alot of money to spend on one.

Thanks alot for any help.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
On public land I would reccomend a climber. Too many stands being stolen nowadays...and theyre easy to put up with some practice...

I am 15 too and Ive been hunting by myself for about a year or too...but not very far from my uncle or gpa. This year Ill go wherever I want too. I got the Summit Viper Classic last year. Its kinda heavy but its roomy. I can usually get it up in a tree pretty easy. I think I got it from Dicks for around $150-175.

·
Registered
5 Posts
flats1 said:
I have a Summit Viper but I'm only 15 and I have to hunt with my dad until i'm 16. So we have both been hunting out of a cheap very heavy very uncomfortable two man tree stand. Our max time we can stay in it is about 4hours and after we put it up in one spot we can not move it again because it is so heavy.

So my dad wants to get a stand for him he is 5' 11'' and weighs around 230 pounds we will be hunting public land so he needs something light and easy to set up. What would you recomend for him a climber or a hang on? Also what kind of climber or hang on?

Money is also a big concern we don't have alot of money to spend on one.

Thanks alot for any help.
hunted public alot the API and the summits are both good, The summits pop save the extra money and make your dad proud GET A LONE WOLF CLIMER!!! it is well worth the exter few dollers its way lighter (big plus) very quiet, and folds flat (big plus for hiking in.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess I need to cross a climber of the list he used mine today and hated it. He said it was to scary because he is deathly afraid of heights he got about 5 ft off the ground and did not go any taller. I think he wants to get a ladder stand now what are some good comfortable ladder stands? I know he wants one light no more than 50 # he also does not want it to be over 15 ft at the max.

·
Registered
309 Posts
go to the cabellas or bass pro web sights click on the tree stand section and look to see what he might like. then start shopping for prices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts