Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fortunate to have several landowners that allow me to hunt on their land. I would like suggestions on what to get them for Christmas.

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
Gift cert to a good restaurant, or wally world. Depends on how financially secure they are.

marty

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,183 Posts
Gift card for groceries. Everyone likes to eat. Plus I plow their driveway when needed and roto-til their garden in the spring.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Gift cards are great or gift certificates to a good local restaurant. Mine landowner is down south now, spending the winter, but his boys are home. I am dropping off some venison to them.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
974 Posts
gift card to a nice local restaurant.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking the restaurant thing too. The landowners are close to 70, but I'm sure they would like getting out. Any other ideas for landowners?

·
Lurker Extraordinaire
9,201 Posts
My landowners get a turkey for letting me bowhunt & a ham in the spring for turkey hunting. It isn't much, but the smile and "you know your welcome anytime" sure shows how much they appreciate them. I help around the farm when I can...this summer/fall my buddy & I cut up several trees that came down in a storm and blocked the farmer's lane to his field. He appreciated the help & the extra firewood. I also share my trail cam pictures them. Every spring & fall when I stop and ask for permission to hunt, I ALWAYS ask if there is anything I can help them with for chores. Like I said it isn't much, but it does let them know how much I appreciate being able to hunt their property.

Kevin

·
Registered
737 Posts
Spiral cut ham and a bottle of good wine

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Depends on them as individuals.

I always make sure and get the ones that enjoy to have a drink a bottle of their favorite liquor. I also ensure that the lady of the house is always included with food stuffs such as chocolates, homemade jellies, jams, pickles, coffee, etc.

Some of the people who grant me access are not drinkers therefore they get very much the same minus the liquor and maybe a ham or something extra food wise included. The homemade stuff is always a hit, it shows planning, work and thought maybe a bit moreso than pulling out a wallet.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I'm thinking the restaurant thing too. The landowners are close to 70, but I'm sure they would like getting out. Any other ideas for landowners?
TAKE them out...being close to 70, they'd probably LOVE the company! You'll be glad you did

·
Hunt Fair Chase
2,596 Posts
I lease now, so they get money :mg:

In the past, I just tried to get them something they would like. So, I asked. One of the farmers loved venison summer sausage, but didn't hunt, so each year after the season I'd bring him a bunch.

Other folks, just whatever they liked. I think the gift card idea is a good one, as is remembering the landowner's wife.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
I have given many different things over the years, but gift cards to a really nice restaurant seems to be their favorite. They live out in the boonies, so this gives him and his wife an excuse to go out together.

My wife usually bakes a lot during the holidays, and I always bring them a basket of goodies along with a bottle of nice wine. He has two young sons that I usually get something small for too.

I also help them with work on their farm during the summer.
Dan

·
Registered
183 Posts
took the landowner some pepperjack cheese summer sausage and homemade salsa a friend at work makes it is fantastic and a good bottle of sweet red wine from a missouri winemaker a gift with thought put into it is better than any gift card:violin:

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
took the landowner some pepperjack cheese summer sausage and homemade salsa a friend at work makes it is fantastic and a good bottle of sweet red wine from a missouri winemaker a gift with thought put into it is better than any gift card:violin:
I would have to agree. Especially since they are up in age, I'm sure a personalized gift would mean much more to them. I respect you for trying to please them. My grandpa lets a guy hunt on his farm and he tries to run anyone else we give permission off!! You know the type, give an inch....

·
Need to get to town,fasst
6,021 Posts
Gifts

Just sent a couple of Harry and David baskets. They have pretty good variety of gifts in a wide range of costs. Their pears are fantastic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts