Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are more guys going toward the 36? Are there issues with the 40? I'm wanting to get one from the classified at some point but don't have a way to shoot either until I purchase one.

I was a very big fan of the Supra Focus XL with EM cams if that helps with comparison.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have both of them and they both shoot great. I use the 36 for 3D and the 40 for indoor. You will have to shoot both and see which one fits you better. It all comes down to the string angle. I'm not a huge guy so the 36 fits me a little better and is a little lighter. Both shoot and hold great, you cant go wrong with either.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have both of them and they both shoot great. I use the 36 for 3D and the 40 for indoor. You will have to shoot both and see which one fits you better. It all comes down to the string angle. I'm not a huge guy so the 36 fits me a little better and is a little lighter. Both shoot and hold great, you cant go wrong with either.
Thanks.

I should have never gotten rid of my Focus XL in the first place but wanted to try something else. If the 40 is even a little better than the focus XL it should be a home run

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thanks.

I should have never gotten rid of my Focus XL in the first place but wanted to try something else. If the 40 is even a little better than the focus XL it should be a home run
My buddy has a focus xl and I like the Citation a lot better. It is a little louder and maybe a little more vibration but this isn't a hunting bow. I like the shoot through riser, it feels much more rigid and holds very steady.

·
Registered
94 Posts
As someone else mentioned - both great but it comes down to string angle and personal preference. Also comes down to personal preference for what you're looking to use it for. Are you looking to use it for 3D where carrying around a bigger, heavier 40 might make a difference to you or are you looking to use it just for spot or are you looking to use it all the way around.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
100% personal preference. For example; I like the string angle on a 40 inch where it touches my face better than a 36 however I shoot at 36 inch better Hence the reason I have a performan X 3-D and a citation 36 on order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Why are more guys going toward the 36? Are there issues with the 40? I'm wanting to get one from the classified at some point but don't have a way to shoot either until I purchase one.

I was a very big fan of the Supra Focus XL with EM cams if that helps with comparison.

the Supra focus XL and Citation 40 take exactly the same string and cable spects with the same cams, the citation should act a bit stiffer on the shot due to the riser bridge. Stiff on the draw and shot not necessarily stiff arrow selection

·
Premium Member
Reckoning 35 for 3D, RealmX for hunt, PSE SupraFocusXL for spot . Axcel, ARC release, Victory.
2,193 Posts
About SupraFocus XL and Citation 36.
Has anyone made real life speed test between them ?
How they compare... SF XL is quite fast for such long ATA bow.
I have it 28.7" DL and 59.5# DW and it looses only 9fps for my Reckoning 35 with quite similar specs (28.5/59.9) with my 3D arrow.

If I can gain speed that would be very interesting choice for 3D.
I shoot WA 3D so only poundage limit.. no speed limits and yea.. speed will help at distance estimations.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The Citation 36 EM is very fast. I don't have exact numbers, but if you increase PSE's IBO (measured at 28.5") by 15 fps to get 30" equivalent, you get somewhere around or over 340. Steve at Archery Supplies, the Aussie YouTube chap, tested it and found it was one of the fastest bows he'd ever tested, hunting bows included.

About SupraFocus XL and Citation 36.
Has anyone made real life speed test between them ?
How they compare... SF XL is quite fast for such long ATA bow.
I have it 28.7" DL and 59.5# DW and it looses only 9fps for my Reckoning 35 with quite similar specs (28.5/59.9) with my 3D arrow.

If I can gain speed that would be very interesting choice for 3D.
I shoot WA 3D so only poundage limit.. no speed limits and yea.. speed will help at distance estimations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts