Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering if anyone can comment on the difference in draw cycles between the two bows when fitted with the same cams?

Some reviews I have seen suggest that the preload on the limbs might be higher in the Citation resulting in a smoother draw with less of a late rise in draw weight I have found on the SF XL. I currently have a SF XL and just smashed my PB, so considering a second SF XL, or possibly a Citation. I hate the idea of the additional cost of the Citation, but if the draw cycle is more even throughout and doesn't peak really late before anchor, as it does with the SF XL EM, then I might consider one. That said, if it is simply a function of the cams, then I guess there will be no difference between the two....

Thanks for any insight on this, or comparisons between the two bows.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
I've shot both the SF XL LD and the Citation 40 both with the SE cams. I don't really notice any difference in terms of how the draw feels on either the SF or Citation with the SE - both are very smooth.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have a SFXL with EM cams and have shot a friends Citation 40 with EM cams. If you blindfolded me I'm not sure I could tell you which is which. I have a Citation 36 with SE cams and it does seem to draw a little stiffer than the 37'' SF I had with SE cams. Not much but a little.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts