Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
city camouflage or urban camouflage, I told a guy I was thinking of getting same predator camo, he told me to check out that. looks about the same as the fall gray. has anyone try it for tree stand hunting . that camo I can go look at localy.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I have seen some of the urban camos in a grey pattern and a blueish pattern, but what I've seen available is just lightweight army bdu type tops and bottoms, and made of cotton / polyester.

I would think these would be ok garments for warm weather hunting. The grey pattern looks like it would blend in well with trees and sky.

·
Registered
688 Posts
The old style (blotchy) urban camo with the black, grey and white works ok in the woods. I've seen it used while playing wargames as a kid at dusk and it worked ok. I still picked up on the guy, because the white stood out, but since deer don't seen in color I don't think it'd be as much of a problem

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
I'd buy that kind of camo.

:izza:

That's incredibly cool! Some serious time investment there. I want to see someone do that with their treestand as the background!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Urban camo has a certain degree of outline break-up to it, but remember this stuff is produced to be used as a fashion statement and is loaded with brighteners and UV enhancers! Look at this stuff under a black light and you will be shocked! It would require several washings in Sport-Wash, and a liberal coating or two of UV-Killer to knock the glow out of it, before you could wear it hunting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts