Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a new sight on friday and am having a little trouble.i got my first sight with a lens. it is a sure loc supreme 550 with a 29mm sure loc scope body and a .55 diopter(i think it is equivalant to a 4x) swarovski black eagle with a up pin with intensity kit and a light. i know that the lens should be very clear but it is kind of blurry. i have tryed moving the sight in and out and am still having the same problem. i think i need a clarifier but dont know what size and i dont want to just go and buy a couple. is there any easy way to find out what size i need? any help is appreciated
thanks
srkundell

·
Registered
162 Posts
Peep lens

There are many factors involved here, so I can only give some general guide lines,

Peep lenses come in different colors according to the strength of the lens, and they also vary according to the hole diameter, a smaller hole will provide a sharper image, but requires more light, - on a cloudy day the small peep hole will cause the target to look dark, the larger the peep hole, the brighter the target.
About the strength of the peep lens, - it depends on your eye sight, the distances you shoot at, light conditions - (indoor, outdoor).
Peep lenses-YELLOW( there is a spot of yellow color on the outside of the lens) - for a weak scope lens magnification, GREEN -medium ( X4-X6) magnification, and RED for strong magnification (X8).
Inmo, you have to try out before buying, see what is the best for you,

I for example, use a yellow lens,-( big peep hole) with (X4) scope, for indoors and a red peep lens (small Hole), (X8 scope lens) for outdoors (70 meters).
For 30 meters, I have to change to Green Peep lens and (X6) scope lens, ( no fun doing that during a F.I.T.A. competition, But that is because my poor eye sight with retinal complecations.

Good shooting.
Mike.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the same lense and I use a 1/16 #2 archery specialty clarifier , but as stated one size doesn't fit all, the size of aperture you use can make a large difference
good luck
SC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts