Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok yall i am going to be shooting with a 6X lens this year i used a 4X last year and it worked great my question is will i need a clarifier, or verifier for the 6X looking at bout 45 yd max on my shots and also what is the deal with the colors???
Thanks

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
And what is a clarifier exactly?

I know small peeps are clearer, but have less light...

But I have no idea what a clarifier is...

·
Registered
458 Posts
A claifier clears your scope up if it's over 4x. all are the same power. the only differance is the peep size and angle. If you go to Specialty archer LLC's website there is a chart on there for the angle.

All a verifier does is clear up your pins and target, mainly for older or not so good eyes. There is about 7 differant powers all color coded. you could call your local Pro Shop and ask if they have a tester for the verifier.

If you choose to use one or the other, just remember that they can fog, and keep them clean.

·
Registered
746 Posts
A clarifier is for scopes, verifier is for regular pins, the colors refer to the strength, figure out which size, right color = clear scope, too strong power and my pin on my scope bow is invisible, can't see it. At 50+ yrs i also use the verifier on my hunting rig.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
try green first you might be able to use yellow Larry light kit works great with it because you can change the brightness

·
Registered
401 Posts
I use a yellow with my 5x power. And I also use Larry's light kit. I have a nice clear picture. And yes it is for older eyes, I only started using one about 3 years ago!!!

J.Shoot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts