Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This coming 3D season Im going to be shooting a single pin, scoped sight with a lense and Im needing some help starting out. My problem is my glasses, I dont shoot with them they have progressive lenses and that makes it very tough. I switch to my contacts when I shoot plus I have a #5 verifier in my peep. With my new settup Im shooting a Sword Titan, Ive got two different lenses a 4X and a 6X. Were do I start, how do I go about setting this up in conjunction with my contacts? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I may have just answered my own question, I guess I shouldve searched harder before posting! Anyway from what Im reading a #1 is what I should try with a 4X, Im just curious how this is going to work in conjunction with my contacts............

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yes , the #1 clarifier with a 4X lens is what I shoot with contacts and it works very well.

Terry Jr.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,726 Posts
Before spending your hard earned coins, try nothing but a peep. Many don't need a clarifier for a 4X and less. If someone has a #1 clarifier, ask to try it. And while you're at it make sure the diameter is what you want. Clarifiers aren't inexpensive if bought new or even used....About $20 to $25.
A 6X lens seems always to need a clarifier, green or red depending on your eyes.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the help guys. I worked with it for a while today and without a clarifier the 4X is clear for me however the pin is blurry, that's were the verifier always came through for me. I'm gonna look into various combinations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts