Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to figure out (accurately) the correct clarifier to shoot without having to try them all???

Wapitibowman

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
My advice is to go to a local pro shop that carries clarifiers and verifiers. They should have a clarifier wheel that will allow you to view them all without having to spend any money or setting up trial clarifiers with the appropriate peep. Just as an additional help, ask for them to help you find the correct aperature. I have found that using the correct aperature makes all the difference when it comes to clarity of the clarifier or verifier. Are you using the clarifier with a scope? Though clarifiers are meant to be used with scopes, I use one with my pins based on my eyesight. I have tried the lowest power verifier (purple) and it does the job nicely but not as nearly as clear as the low (yellow) clarifier.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
There are a great number of variables. Things such as your vision, lens power, distance from the lens to the peep, peep diameter, etc...

I have a Superball peep setup and really like it, but it took some playing with. Thankfully, I had a few guys that had different sizes and colors that we could do some trading.

With a money back offer, I would be taking up Brtesite! Surely he knows a thing or two or a few thousand.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Try the Britesite OBS clarifier it will save you a lot of money.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I have a problem with the "one size fits all" concept. I suspect that if this is the clarifier I tried some time ago, it is a medium clarifier - it will work for most common set-ups, but not the very low magnifications (<4) or the high magnifications (>7).

As for an easy solution, no, there is none. I'm even willing to bet that you local pro shop will not even have the aforementioned clarifier wheel. And if they did, how in the world would you get it to work with your scope, your magnification, your site to eye radius, and your own eyes?

Sorry, I guess I am just telling you that some things may be worth it, but they don't come easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts