2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would everyone seperate the Mens release class/bowhunter
fletches, ?
glue in points?
arrow size?
this is for our local club, we have the expert class longer stakes,
bowhunter class, shorter stakes
usually about 5 to 10 yards different. this is not an issue with open class with unlimited equipment.
the problem is getting the lower class shooting high scores consistantly but wont step up to the tougher class. so the guys that shoot in the lower class don't have chance.
Ray

·
Registered
239 Posts
my fix

limit the no of times that they can win hunter. I see a lot of shoots where the same name is on top move them up and give the other shooters a chance. I went to release where I have a better chance of making the top 10. If you dont make some of the constant winners move the never will. Just my observations

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
hunter

In our area Hunter's Class 4" fletch, screw in points,12" stablizer,4 Pins FIXED SIGHT :tongue: Can only win once then you have to move up :cool: But different area's have different rules :wink:

·
Banned
921 Posts
The only thing that our club did to control that was they created a bow hunter novice class and after two wins they moved the shooter into the tougher class bow hunter release. But all that said if they are shooting equipment that is used in the bowhunter class I don't see how you can move them into unlimited without making that shooter feel like they are being dictated to. Kind of a touchy situation so what I would do is get together with the other guys that help run the club shoot and make a decision. It might cost you some shooters at first but as long as you make an anoucement to everyone at the end of a shoot and involve everyone in that decision your probably going to get some positive feedback. I am certain that all clubs have trouble with (sand bagging) and the only way to prevent that is to make decisions involving the entire club. Take a vote on it you will be surprised at the responce that you will get. I am sure that there are plenty of other shooters that would like to have a chance to win.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts