Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a magnum classic 1 archery scope, lens, crosshair, fiber gaurd, sunshade, and fiber install kit along with the fibers.....

the guy at classic archery is gone this week, can someone post a picture of their setup so i can see how it goes togather?? or offer any easy help...i am lost at trying to install the fiber kit...thanks.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i figured it out....i wish i could get a little brighter fibre optic for it, but the 6x lens is the best i have ever seen!

any tips on a better fiber system?

·
Extreme Opinionated One
45,329 Posts
You must have the fiber kit installed wrong. Classic's fiber system is about the brightest you'll see anywhere. Post a picture of your installation and we can trouble shoot it for you. Oh by the way if you are using both crosshairs and fibers the crosshairs will tend to block out the fiber optic.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The wiffey here, I just bought a Classic Scope II Magnum at the Metropolis Illinois ASA PRO/AM and was just amazed by how bright the fibers are.
Did you flare out the end of the fiber? I watched Dave do mine there and it really seemed to brighten up the fiber.
Deborah K/F

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HOW DO I FLARE OUT THE ENDS? ALSO I HAVE THE 19 SIZE, MAYBE THATS MY TROUBLE...I DO NOTICE ONCE I BEND IT AROUND THE FIBER GAURD, IT DIMS IT ALOT, BUT I DONT SEE ANY KINKS....THANKS.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I am using the .019 fibers also here is Classic Scopes instructions for flaring the fiber.

e. ( Trim to desired length. To polish the end of the fiber , heat a flat thin piece of metal and touch it to the end of the fiber mushrooming it slightly).
Hope this helps you.
Deborah KF

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help....it worked and worked great....i was almost ready to sell it until i flared the end......it is very bright...classic scopes are the best that i have seen yet.....

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
CWDH,

Good choice; you will not do better than a Classic!

Sag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts