Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Magnum Classic scope with the fiberguard and sunshade. I am using it with a Sureloc Supreme 400 and this is pulling double duty for 3d and spots. The problem that I am having is that the armored scope rod keeps moving. To be precise, it keeps sliding to the left. Halfway through a Vegas round I start to shoot to the right and the same thing is happening on the 3D course. I feel like if I tighten down the screws anymore they will either strip out or I will break something.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I really don't want to buy a new scope as I just got this one a couple of month's ago. Is there anything that I can do to my third axis block to keep this from sliding? I thought about sanding the metal to make it rough, but then I thought that would actually hurt my situation by making the scope rod smaller. I don't want to glue it in place, but I need to keep it from sliding.
I think the problem is that the scope is simply massive when you get the fiberguard on there. Perhaps it is too much weight and it is something that I will battle til the end of time. If that is the case, then I will have no choice but to change to a "lighter" scope.
Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts