Archery Talk Forum banner

Classic scope

670 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  ericfloyd
i have just bought a classice scope with all the bells and whistles. i got the cs 1 magnum and the .19 pin for it. i also got the zeiss 4x lens for it and the fiber guard. i also got some blue and green fiber. so i was just wondering what you guys thought about these scopes good or bad. customer service, good or bad? and what about the blue fiber, i have herd a lot of people like it but havent tried it myself what are your thoughts.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· 2 cams + 4 cables = X
3,423 Posts
I'll be the odd guy out. I didn't care for the fiber guard - I thought it would be good, like the double vision blocker, but it actually bothered my vision more when shooting two eyes open, which I prefer. I had a magnum, but the size is a little smaller than most 3D scopes that have 1 3/4" lenses, so choices in lenses (should you want to change) may be a little harder to come by. The scope itself is fine and well made. Not specific to Classic scopes, but you may find you will need a light to use the blue pin in all conditions. I have an Extreme 3D with a blue pin that works great, and I have a small Photon light on it to use indoors or as needed on the 3D course. I generally only need it for light colored targets, like the lower part of the antelope or some of the white or light tan non-ASA targets. That is the only scope I have had good success with a blue pin on, though. I have tried to use the same type and length of blue fiber on two other scopes, and they didn't turn out bright enough to be usable indoors, even with a light. Not sure what the difference was. Never had a problem with a green pin, except for a bit of starbursting when used with a 6X lens and #2 clarifier. Easily remedied by putting a little tape over the fiber to reduce the light it was pulling in.

74,554 Posts
Excellant scopes used by many of the top pros.
DB

· Registered
6,470 Posts
i have the exact same scope, and so far so good... am finding out that the pin is very delicate though (bent mine in LA).. i have used blue fiber in my pin sight and liked it a a lot, my eyes do not like the red and yellow. Blue seems to work best if its blue and not violet, that is just my opinion though. Its hard to find blue.

· Registered
8,525 Posts
Classics are the best .I have ben using them for over 10 years now and never ever had any trouble with them .Steve is a great guy to deal with .I also like the fiber guard and I always shoot with both eyes open ,never bothered me at all .Good luck with your new scope.

· Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys i will post pics when i get it set up i may need some help setting it up because i have never used them. or is it pretty simple to set everything up like the pin guard? where steve was in LA this weekend i figure it will be thursday or so before i get it. i hope it come wed tho because i am off all day and would love to play with it. im giving him a call tomorrow to see when it should arrive.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.