Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a specific bow and accessory, but have noticed a ton of threads still open/listed even though the item has been sold. Why aren't they deleted so people don't waste their time on a unavailable item?

·
74,535 Posts
They never get deleted. Mods don't have time to go delete threads, they don't get paid you know. I do wish more would just close the thread after the sale done.

That's what there suppose to do.

·
Registered
640 Posts
the sellers need to close their threads. plain and simple.

·
Placebo Power!
12,050 Posts
They should be "locked" by the OP. If the OP does so, the icon to the side of the thread illustrates that is has been locked for all to see quickly. If he hasn't then he can't follow simple rules.

I'm glad the sold items are still visible. It gives me a little market research on going rates for things when i start shopping.

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
Because they grab the money, and leave the thread open. I always close my threads, after adding feedback...but then again, some don't leave feedback either :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They should be "locked" by the OP. If the OP does so, the icon to the side of the thread illustrates that is has been locked for all to see quickly. If he hasn't then he can't follow simple rules.

I'm glad the sold items are still visible. It gives me a little market research on going rates for things when i start shopping.
Thats one good reason to leave them around, letting others know what items sell for. I agree using the locked would be a great way to identify the item is gone, then you can open only if you want to.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Help clean up the classifieds. Click on the "report thread" icon and help a mod out. Can't blame it on the new members either, tons of folks that have been here for a few years are just as bad and should know the rules by now. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy.:darkbeer:

·
6,778 Posts
Help clean up the classifieds. Click on the "report thread" icon and help a mod out. Can't blame it on the new members either, tons of folks that have been here for a few years are just as bad that should know the rules by now. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyy.:darkbeer:
Go easy though....we only work at a certain pace...some slower than others. :wink: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
11,335 Posts
I don't mind seeing all the closed threads, gives you a good idea on what people are buying, but can be annoying I guess. A tick bow to exclude closed threads in a search might be handy if it could be implemented.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
I aint saying A/T is perfect by any stretch, but where else can you go and shop for used and new archery equipment? No one comes close. Not even ebay!

·
Registered
13,110 Posts
laziness on the part of the seller for not closing the thread

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Yea that sucks. Seems like, AT, should be able to delete them if there has been no posts in a specific time frame.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
I've been looking for a specific bow and accessory, but have noticed a ton of threads still open/listed even though the item has been sold. Why aren't they deleted so people don't waste their time on a unavailable item?

..laziness....

·
Registered
7,315 Posts

Absolutely! It would be terrible to have the closed threads disappear. If they did, can you imagine how many threads would show up saying, "How much should I sell my _______ for?"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts