Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up with the classified ads man they want to dollor over then in them ads what happen to the old thing with help out the sportsman???????? are we at basspro???????

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
always that way when hunting season rolls around...too bad we cant get gas for what the gas stations pay for it....

·
Registered
711 Posts
I am amazed that some of the asking prices and prices people are willing to pay (particularly for the Switchbacks and Trykons) are higher than new ones can be bought at the pro shop. I don't care how "mint" the bow is, once it leaves the shop its used and no one can tell what "experience" the bow has after that.....and no warranty to boot.

In June I bought a new Trykon and fully equipped it for less than many used "bare bow" I have seen here......

JMHO

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
It's all about Supply and Demand....

A good friend of mine just ebayed his Switchback XT.....sold it for quite a bit more than he paid for it 6 months ago.

If people are willing to pay....you can't really be upset with people for asking the going rate.....

·
74,535 Posts
There bargains to be found there

Bought two Mathews bows this week. $250.00 each and one fully accs.

I find bargains all the time but one has to be quick:wink:

Here a great buy. Conquest 3 for $250.00 Bargains are there to be bought.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=368936( Sorry this one is sold as well) I bought it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I picked up a Hoyt V-tec (brand new) for my husband the other day on Ebay for $350. You just have to know what you're looking for and buy quickly when you find it!!

·
74,535 Posts
Some of you need to give me an example of what you cant find

There plenty of bargains but with the price of archery today, no ones going to give it away.:confused:

One needs to realize in many parts of the US, archery sells for alot more. Bows especially.

MOst good target releases today are $150.00 See them here for $75.00 Seems fair to me.

·
has been that never was
14,362 Posts
all about timing.. I don't buy many bows now but there are always some good deals on accessories.. Just Sunday I got a full CR Apex setup. The scope housing, lens, up pin, fibers, sun shade shipped for less than half of new price.. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
You also have to take into consideration the differences in the new price for some people.

I called the "stealer" about a new Phantom elite a couple of years ago. (I not II)

I was told $890. Now how much $ did most people pay for that bow? It only retailed for around $450. :rolleyes:

I guess at the time, if I could have found one in the classifieds for $500, I may have been happy. But then I would have been labeled as crazy for paying more for a used bow than it costs new. Go figure.

·
Registered
28,188 Posts
Doc Holliday said:
You also have to take into consideration the differences in the new price for some people.

I called the "stealer" about a new Phantom elite a couple of years ago. (I not II)

I was told $890. Now how much $ did most people pay for that bow? It only retailed for around $450. :rolleyes:

I guess at the time, if I could have found one in the classifieds for $500, I may have been happy. But then I would have been labeled as crazy for paying more for a used bow than it costs new. Go figure.
Thats the key. Around here a switchack, either one, sells for $650 or less. Some people are paying $750 or more in other areas.

·
Registered
761 Posts
kiwiovationmike said:
whats up with the classified ads man they want to dollor over then in them ads what happen to the old thing with help out the sportsman???????? are we at basspro???????

UMMMM, I agree

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
I think the classifieds here are fair. Lots of good deals....if ya can beat Daniel Boone!

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
I think there are several people that browse the classifieds most of the day. They buy up the majority of the good deals and either resell them higher on here or other places. The do it through PMs and never post within the thread. I guess it is fair and they are just trying to make a buck or two, but it makes the classifieds about like Ebay as far as finding great deals.

I have bought a lot of stuff on here, and gotten great deals too. I think if you want to make the classifieds better, then you require every buyer to post in the thread he is buying out of. "PM Sent" is all that would be required. Then we would see what really goes on here.

Just my 2 cents. I'm on here enough to know what is going on, and I have read enough posts to have an idea of some of those that do this. More power to them. But it doesn't help one archer, help another with a great deal. I love these classifieds and hope they are here forever, but like DB said, you have to be fast to get the great deals. Why? because someone is always looking to buy them up.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Basicly some of you guys would like other folks to do you a "favor" and loose all the money we can on what ever we sell. Some people wouldn't be happy if you gave it to them.
A fair price is a fair price. Take it or leave it. Don't whine about it.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Good idea...

jcmorgan31 said:
I think if you want to make the classifieds better, then you require every buyer to post in the thread he is buying out of. "PM Sent" is all that would be required.
Don't think the mods could enforce something like that though. However, sellers may be able to insist on it in their ad. Something like "will only respond to messages on this thread" may deter secret pm'ing. Just a thought.

orlybow:)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts