Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of my recent transactions on here have left me feeling sour.

The sellers all had EXCELLENT feedback???

One of the bows I bought was quoted as 2013 in the sale and turns out it is a 2012? What do you do when the guy says it was an "honest mistake"?

Another of the bows I bought was quoted in "excellent shape" and "immaculate condition" only when it arrives the sight mount screws are partially stripped, and there is spot on the riser that have been jiffy markered. Bow had obviously been traded several times so maybe some previous owner didn't notice the jiffy markered spots, but he should have noticed the sight mount screws are half/stripped?

It irks me because these members had excellent feedback and one goes as far as saying the bow was fine when it shipped?

Buyer beware and get lots of pics before you shell out the cash and run the serial numbers on the bow as well to confirm how old it is.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
You still have options depending on how much you like the bows and if you can live with them or not. Personally I would contact a mod and have them get involved. In both cases I would want some money back. If they aren't willing to do that then you should be able to return the bows since they were not as described.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
You still have options depending on how much you like the bows and if you can live with them or not. Personally I would contact a mod and have them get involved. In both cases I would want some money back. If they aren't willing to do that then you should be able to return the bows since they were not as described.
I agree with what hes saying here.They should atleast offer some money back to you,if you would still like to keep them.If you would rather just get your ,oney back and ship them back to the seller that should also be an option.I know if I sold a bow and something like either of those 2 situations came up where I as a seller made a mistake.The very first thing I would do would be to offer both of those options.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Clearly not as described. I'd be pis'd !!

You can get your money back if you want to. Get ahold of a Mod.

·
Dirt Racer
1,523 Posts
If I was the seller I would offer a full refund, I have had a buyer try and pull a fast one on me to get some money back from me by falsely saying that a item was damaged previously or during shipping. I had asked for pics but he had an excuse for why he couldn't, I had it insured and offered to contact usps, he didn't want to do that, so I told him to just ship it back and I would return his money, he then replied I'll just use it the way it is...... The way it was wrapped they would have had to run over it with a fork lift to damage it, he was just trying to get some money out of me. After that my policy is full refunds only. I think the offering partial refund opens the door for shady people to cheat folks out of money, it's to easy to photoshop pics these days. They should offer you a refund if it's in that condition, the bow that is a year older than stated...... I might could see a partial refund or throw in something extra deal on that one.

·
Registered
24,953 Posts
hate sellers like that, I would take the bow back and offer a refund for sure. Have you asked for any cash back or a refund? Maybe get a mod involved. Did you pay with paypal? think they might be able to help with the sellers dont make things right

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a tough call in both situations because with such great feedback I like to give guys the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I have been buying and selling on here from 2005 untill now and feedback is not what it was, guys will lie to you and rip you off, get all the info you can from the seller . If I have someone that I feel is not truthful I put them on my do not buy or sell list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts