Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a member of AT since 2012, read it everyday in the past but haven't in some years. Learned a ton on here and bought a couple bows on here but I do not see the classifieds anymore. I see a bunch of scam stuff about it. My question is did they do away with it or is there parameters to keep the scum scammers out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TMan51, I am guessing they are just wanting to make sure people arent coming on and going straight to classifieds to fill it with scammers. I remember back when I was on here often, I was scammed from a user on here out of CO on an Elite GT500 but used PayPal so I didn't lose any money. I can see where AT wants them to be users for so long and probably be involved with discussions before they can see classifieds. I respect it honestly. So much bad out there anymore wanting our hard earned money.

· Registered
3,793 Posts
Interesting. New subscribers and non-members can't see the classifieds?

I ask because if they can't see what's there, how do they come up with responses to WTB, and such? Or, is that a new feature. ??
I’m not sure what people with less than 20 posts can see. All I know is I can see.them. I was just guessing that short on posts may be the problem.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I get it n appreciate what AT has put in place bc there is too much of it anymore. I guess I should have been more involved when I was reading here everyday before. Did way more reading than posting, will still be that way but have to be involved if I wanna enjoy the whole platform I guess. Win win

· Registered
30,696 Posts
The site policies are at the top of many of the forums.....including this one. A new member needs 2 weeks and 20 minimum posts to gain classified access. Both of you are well over the base time, but under post count. Don't just spam a bunch of threads to get your count up as the mods figure that out and will delete them. The site was designed with the mantra, "Archers helping archers".....so do your best to contribute what you already know or ask valid questions. Also digging back to threads 10 years old and reviving them is rather frowned upon. Just be real and get involved.

· Registered
28 Posts
The site policies are at the top of many of the forums.....including this one. A new member needs 2 weeks and 20 minimum posts to gain classified access. Both of you are well over the base time, but under post count. Don't just spam a bunch of threads to get your count up as the mods figure that out and will delete them. The site was designed with the mantra, "Archers helping archers".....so do your best to contribute what you already know or ask valid questions. Also digging back to threads 10 years old and reviving them is rather frowned upon. Just be real and get involved.
I started going through and just reading up on things that were beneficial to me. (Form, DL, helpful tips etc...) I responded thanks because they really are helpful

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Alaska, I agree on everything you said here n would never spam just to get numbers up, thats the reason I cant see classifieds now haha. Also, retrieving old posts from yrs ago should be frowned upon, noone is here to read what I wrote 8 yrs ago. I will just have to be more in discussions n when it hits that threshold than, Ill be able to see the classifieds.

· Registered
30,696 Posts
Thanks Alaska, I agree on everything you said here n would never spam just to get numbers up, thats the reason I cant see classifieds now haha. Also, retrieving old posts from yrs ago should be frowned upon, noone is here to read what I wrote 8 yrs ago. I will just have to be more in discussions n when it hits that threshold than, Ill be able to see the classifieds.
Well, you made it to 21 with this thread so congrats! Not sure the process for gaining access......maybe try logging out and back in......I recall someone suggesting that recently. As an education colleague used to offer his freshmen students, "Make good chocies!" ;) (y)

· Registered
10,523 Posts
Interesting. New subscribers and non-members can't see the classifieds?

I ask because if they can't see what's there, how do they come up with responses to WTB, and such? Or, is that a new feature. ??

I won't share the secret, although guessing at some point someone will, but there is a work around to seeing the classifieds for new members.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts