Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best cleaner for arrow shafts before glueing in the inserts? What kind of glue is best for the inserts?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I scratch them with a fine sandpaper then clean them with alcohol. after that my blazers are solid with fletch tite platinum.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Prep the inside of the shafts with a .22 caliber bore brush (I use copper), then clean with qtip and 91% rubbing alcohol (I've used 70% as well, but most recommend 91%). Let dry for about 5 min. and your good to go. As far as glue...the loc tite ultra control gel in the black bottle works well for me (it's a rubberized formula). I also know a lot of shooters that swear by the LOW TEMP hot melt glue. I've recently used the Bohning cool flex (blue stick) hot melt on some GT traditionals and so far so good.

·
Registered
305 Posts
opps maybe i should have read the OP better. I just saw what glue and hit reply. sorry disregard my post

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I use a .243 cal bronze bore brush and 91% alcohol to clean. I have used loctite super glue gel or two part epoxy and have had good results with both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts