Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mildly delusional
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am aware of the PSE/Greattree. But, does anyone know of wood grain under clear glass limbs being produced by anyone not wanting a fortune for them. That is what has kept me out of the ILF market the most. I know Lancaster has wood risers, but white/black glass leaves me cold. My Bear and Howatt have black glass and it irritates me. I see the huge advantage to ILF system, but can't get past the limbs. If you're into the modern look, cool. But speaking just for me, a bow should be a few things, and wood is at the top of the list. Bamboo doesn't bother me but colored glass just isn't my thing. A quality wood bow seems to have a soul that speaks to me in a way that metal and carbon fiber never could. I'm willing to be at a "disadvantage" to have something that I am more capible of loving.

·
Mildly delusional
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Slightly related... Are the Hoyt limbs (dorado, game master, buffalo) adaptable to ILF riser. I love to look of those, for a production limb anyhow. I feel that would bet sufficient for me because of the wide range of draw weight available.

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,810 Posts
if you look around online you should be able to find some.

the tradtech woodgrain limbs are what you are describing,wood with clear glass over,and are usually reasonably priced.

lancaster does not have any of them though.

i have found a few wood/clear glass limbs online,but they can get very pricey.

·
Mildly delusional
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you sir. Considering posting my Kodiak mag for trade with a ghost in classifieds,if I don't find something reasonable soon.

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,251 Posts
On the ILF side, Sky makes really nice looking clear glass limbs. I am not sure of the price of their lower cost offerings.

·
Archery curmudgeon
2,785 Posts
Dryad Epic limbs are clear over woodgrain. Sorry but not a great picture of the limbs. I was trying to accentuate the riser.
IMG_1804.jpg
IMG_1806.jpg

·
Mildly delusional
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys. I'm sure I'll end up with an ILF rig now.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Bigfoot, Zipper, Sky, Dryad and a few others build ILF limbs with pretty veneers under clear glass. I am a hobby builder, I made these for myself last year.

·
Mildly delusional
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bigfoot, Zipper, Sky, Dryad and a few others build ILF limbs with pretty veneers under clear glass. I am a hobby builder, I made these for myself last year.

Those are positively stunning!! Heluva job you did there.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Slightly related... Are the Hoyt limbs (dorado, game master, buffalo) adaptable to ILF riser. I love to look of those, for a production limb anyhow. I feel that would bet sufficient for me because of the wide range of draw weight available.
The limbs that fit the Dorado and Gamemaster have the ILF limb butts. You can revert them to ILF by pushing out the bushing and replacing it with ILF fittings. You can get the wood/clear glass Hoyt Dorado/Gamemaster limbs for resonable on the used market.

·
Mildly delusional
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you festivus. I'm sure I will try it before too long. Will probably get a set of those red lions first for form work at a cheap price in low poundage. Once back to making big checks again, lay hands on Hoyt limbs and try the conversion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts