Archery Talk Forum banner

Clear Serving???

989 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Deezlin
I see alot of string makers now making stings with clear servings, except the center servings!! Where can I find that serving, what is it and how about durability???
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8,807 Posts
I see alot of string makers now making stings with clear servings, except the center servings!! Where can I find that serving, what is it and how about durability???
It actually isn't clear it is .14 white halo wrapped really tight so you can see through it.
I personally do not like it if you don't get it tight enough it just looks real foggy, but if you serve the ends too tight they tend to seperate. Maybe I just haven't played with it enough yet to perfect the art, but everytime I have tried I have not been thrilled with the results.
The other thing I don't like about it is after a few weeks of shooting outside the white gets dirty then the serving takes on a crappy foggy look.

· Registered
15,839 Posts
I have it and sell the serving and clarifier. As BowGod mentioned it is .014 white halo. I didn't like getting it as tight as was need to make it clear. Also so as he mentioned there is the dirt factor.

I use a clarifier on my serving. This allows it to clarifier and protects it from dirt, etc. without the excessive teinsion and peep sight rotation that it casues.

I use colored serving on the cams and only used the clear serving on the idler wheel and roller guard servings. This allows the beauty of the twisting to show through, but provides some protection to the strands.

I sell the jigs of hand wound .014 halo for $19 and the clarifier for $6 per oz. bottle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.