Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...just came back from a bow shop and I'm not really happy. I wanted the guy to put the QAD Ultra rest on my bow but he said it doesn't work well with the Reezen. He said sometihng about timing issues. I didn't feel like arguing with him so I just picked the Ripcord rest seeing they were a lot alike. Well anyway after the rest was installed I shot about 20 arrows before I realized that my cock vane on my blazer was hitting the rest. Grrrrrrrrrr. He tried doing a bunch of things but I'm still not sure that the vane is clearing. Anyway...what are some of the causes of this and how do I go about fixing it. I really don't know a ton about setting up a bow so that is why i brought it to a shop in the first place!!! The guy didn't sell Mathews bows and was hating on the Reezen the whole time he was working on it. Last time I spend money at his shop to say the least!!!

Yooper

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
Bump for a great guy hope ya get your answer. I don't know too much about rests as you know I am a biscuit guy. ;)

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,922 Posts
shoot cock vane pointed up....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i bet the guy didn't ajust the trip string properly, and like 1 of the other replies said cock vane up.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried shooting cock vane up at the shop and I still had issues. I know its probably a simple adjustment but I don't know much about setting up a rest. Funny thing about all this is my brother had the guy put a ripcord rest on his Reezen yesterday too and no problems at all. I have bad luck!!!! Thanks for some of the suggestions though guys....appreciate it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I knew there wasn't anything wrong with the Qad rest and the Reezen bow combo....just didn't feel like arguing with the guy. When he said that I should have just turned around and left the shop. Anyway, after paper tuning my bow and shooting a million shots I found out that my arrows are fishing tailing out of my bow a little. I think it is the nocking point height but I'm going to bring it to a pro tmoro and have them try to fix my issues. As far as clearing goes, the blazers are not touching the rest anymore so I would have to think the nocking point. If not the nocking point what else could it be?? I was shooting the bow at 70lbs with a 28 inch GT XT 55/75 and 100 grain field point. I thought maybe I needed a stronger spined arrow so I turned the bow down to 62 lbs and shot and same results. Same arrow flight that is.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I believe they have addressed the clearance issue with the 2010 model.

·
Registered
50,379 Posts
I believe they have addressed the clearance issue with the 2010 model.
There never was a clearance issue that I've ever seen in the hundreds of QAD rests our shop has installed.

Yooper your problem is you need to find another shop------the guy was blowing smoke 100% and has no clue what he is doing.:wink:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol yeah I know what you are saying Dale. I'm actually leaving in a hour to go to a different shop. Only problem is that there isn't many shops in my area. I have to drive 70 miles one way today to get to a different shop. Hopefully this guy can fix the last guys mistakes....:confused:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I had the same issue with Ripcord on my Reezen. It just seems like the Reezen was to fast for it and it wouldnt drop fast enough. I changed to QAD HD and no issues at all. My dealer let me exchange it for the QAD. Now I have QAD on my Monster and Alien X also. No issues what so ever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts