Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Did you happen to see all the Anti's posting their thoughts on it. I wish these people would get out of their house in the city and actually go see something. always so ignorant.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
22,179 Posts
Cool, Thanks for taking the time to share that

·
Registered
753 Posts
Cool story.

Any one of those antis who had a mountain lion in their backyard would sing a different tune, guaranteed.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
That is a great story.

Anti comments are a little to much though

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
outstanding job by colorado division of wildlife. And of course the farmer.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Believe it or not, I actually saw that very animal w/ my own two eyes last fall. It's to bad he turned too taking domestic stock, but whatch you going to do.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Believe it or not, I actually saw that very animal w/ my own two eyes last fall. It's to bad he turned too taking domestic stock, but whatch you going to do.
You saw that very animal? Do you live in Northern Colorado? Ever shoot Big Thompson?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
It happens all the time.

As the lion populations rise, they are forced into living amongst people. Here in CA, they are killing livestock all the time, and sadly they are starting to kill people too. The an-ti's, and Peta types here refuse to allow controlled hunting of lions.
Lions will go where-ever the prey is easy. I used to work vertebrate pest control, and we had many occasions where lions killed inside barns, pens, and fenced backyards.
I won't mention any names, but once we had to go out and kill a cat that had killed a very vocal, prominent, actor, Peta member's llamas. The lion had killed five of them inside a barn. Another of the same type of person lost three thoroughbred colts out of a barn, in the same valley. You should have heard how they changed their tune "from protect the lions", to, "get over here and kill these %*&^#@ mountain lions".

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
"Fees on state hunting licenses go for the reimbursement program. While he used to complain about the high cost of his hunting licenses, he now appreciates one use of that money." They use the hunting license money to pay people back for their livestock they lost from predators.

How does that make sense? Can you even hunt mountain lions there? So why not start using money from license fees to pay people back when they hit a deer with their car?

If anything, why would you not make it free to shoot coyotes and other predators. Sorry to derail, just seemed interesting to me.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
“Any animal that starts to kill livestock doesn’t need to be in the population,”

I love this quote by the Colorado DOW :thumbs_up:thumbs_up......here in Northern California, I have talked to people who have witnessed Mountain Lions being released after being captured in Southern Cal......spending tax dollars in a bankrupt State to propagate an animal that has already decimated the deer herd. It is maddening:angry:

Best of Luck,
Jeff (AT Sponsor)
www.elkmtngear.com

·
Registered
598 Posts
“Any animal that starts to kill livestock doesn’t need to be in the population,”

I love this quote by the Colorado DOW :thumbs_up:thumbs_up......here in Northern California, I have talked to people who have witnessed Mountain Lions being released after being captured in Southern Cal......spending tax dollars in a bankrupt State to propagate an animal that has already decimated the deer herd. It is maddening:angry:

Best of Luck,
Jeff (AT Sponsor)
www.elkmtngear.com
There's hardly any deer left in the area for this poor bugger to eat either, thanks to the cdow.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
and our game and fish have been letting these things loose in our state. mountain lions have a home range, and it aint arkansas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts