Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bow has developed an audible ‘click’ noise during the last 5%-10% of the draw cycle, coming from the lower part of the bow. I don’t think its a limb pocket issue because I know they are well greased and it seems to be centered around the cam...would something be loose? Doesn’t seem to impact accuracy at all, just no way I could have that happen in a deer stand this fall...any similar experience/help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Almost 99.9 percent of the time limb pocket.

·
Registered
811 Posts
If it happens to be a PSE bow it is probably the modules. You can put a little string wax between the module and the cam to silence it. I believe the problem is only at certain draw lengths ie if you are on the shorter side of the cam.

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
what bow ? If bowtech, the flex guard when the bearings go bad, they make a clicking sound like you are describing.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Loose module or bad bearing would my first 2 guesses

·
Registered
67 Posts
I thought the same thing as you, there would be a noticeable click at almost full draw, Thought it was coming from the limb or possibly cams....turns out it was coming from my QAD arrow rest, if you have one check it out, QAD will replace it, if that is it.....

·
Registered
920 Posts
what bow ? If bowtech, the flex guard when the bearings go bad, they make a clicking sound like you are describing.
My went bad an hour after getting home from bow shop. The owner of the bow shop drove to my house the next day to replace it. No issues since

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
If Bowtech, the cable roller bearing can be shimmed to avoid the side slap click noise.
Been there!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,339 Posts
If Bowtech, the cable roller bearing can be shimmed to avoid the side slap click noise.
Been there!

Never heard of this, when the bearings go bad they are, bad. Or are you saying shim them right out of the bow? Or can you explain what you mean.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
My bow started this at league one night. Then started hitting low a few shots later. Then...the limb collapsed

·
Registered
84 Posts
Never heard of this, when the bearings go bad they are, bad. Or are you saying shim them right out of the bow? Or can you explain what you mean.
The 2) cable guard roller bearing guides- '08 82nd Airborne.
The clicking noise was the bearings slapping together from side movement. A shim between the cable guide bearings eliminated the click caused by side slop.
A second pair of ears can pinpoint the sound.

·
Registered
20,645 Posts
The two most common causes have been mentioned already but it's likely either a draw length module or the limb pocket. I've also seen on many bows that have screws on the pivot point of the pocket where they'll click when the screws loosen a little. Where you're hearing the click though and the point in the draw, it's almost certainly the module. To fix it, take the module off, clean the surface between the mod and cam and reinstall it. Sometimes just snugging the screws doesn't do it because the mod has moved slightly out of position and needs to be reseated.

Reactions: Hntnfsh4evr

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I had a bow some years back that did this. Couldn't find what was wrong initially until one day was putting the bow in it's case and my fingernail slid UNDER the limb reinforcement gusset where it was attached to the limb where it split before going up towards the axle. The limbs needed replaced. And I certainly did. Be careful. Please check the "wacky this certainly isn't likely stuff" too. We like you just like you is, bud.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts