Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for Christmas this yr I reciever a stan shoot off three finger release.. I can't seem to grasp by with a hinge or this release! But I've found that if I start squeezing the barrel and don't stop due to pin movement the results are consistent . It's only ten yards in my basement but it's about 1.5 inch group sometimes more, i do catch myself punching but if I concentrate on keeping my bow shoulder down I don't punch! I think I could feasibly learn to shoot like "the hammer".. If I could just keep my pin movement around the bull!! I tend to drift right or drop out the bottom of target.. What can I do to tighten my float up ? This is a mostly hunting rig so I'd like to try to stay away from super long stabs and sidebars

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
444 Posts
On the release side of things- I also shoot a Stan. Instead of thinking about firing the shot with your thumb, instead pull with your pinky.

2nd- it sounds like you need some weight on the front of the bow. Don't be scared to try a long"er" stabilizer. I went from a 4' Simms vibration one to a 10' b-stinger sport hunter extreme and have been very impressed. It doesn't get in the way like you think it would either. I wouldn't be scared to run a 15' front bar just for hunting either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts