Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you experienced this sound affecting deer in a negative way?
It occurs when the lens shifts from its default IR setting (night shot) to reg lense (day shot). So, dont think it occurs on night shots, just day shots.

·
Waiting for opening day
2,337 Posts
My WGI cams do the same thing. I have lots of videos that start with the deer looking at the camera. It doesn't seem to bother them much.

·
Registered
593 Posts
FWIW - I personally witnessed a 2 and 1/2 year old Kansas 10 pt. spook when he was facing the truth cam at about 5 feet and it made the noise. He turned and bolted IMMEDIATELY!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine do the same thing, I inquired about the noise, and if the newer models dont have that problem.
I have not heard a response yet.
Otherwise the cameras are great.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Primos CrapCams have a pretty loud sound. The older Moultrie I40 can be heard too. Especially at night when the wind often dies down. The Bushnell Trophy Cams make absolutely no sound at all. It makes a difference in the very least because the deer hardly look right at the camera on the BTC but do so often with the other trailcams that I've mentioned & used.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
the truth cam 35's are great cameras, you can't beat them for the money. i heard that some of the earlier 35's did this. i have never had any of mine do it though.
i had 9 at one point. my only complaint about them has been the battery life when it gets cold. i have sold about half of mine, got 5 35's and 5 bushnell trophy cam's.
the truth cam 35 takes alot better night time photos than the trophy cam. i am not to happy with the night photos of the bushnell cameras, they are pretty dark.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have one in an area where the deer are used to it and it doesn't bother them anymore. Put another one out and hunted it two days later and deer spooked off of it every time the camera went off.

Bought a new one on Monday and it doesn't make the noise.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Issue resolved. Just got two new Truth cam 35s and they do not make trigger noise. Silent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.