Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im in the market for a new climber and a bow case that my allegience will fit into.

Please tell me your opinion on the most comfortable climber for bow hunting that you know ?

Also whats the best case to buy?
Any links are appreciated also.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Climber...

Well...you will get a lot of different answers to this one because there are a lot of good ones out there. But my personal favorite is my Summit Viper ( or now for 2005 the Viper X5). It is light, easy to backpack pack, perfectly quiet, quick attatchment...even in the dark, and really comfortable. Some dont like the bar along the front (for stand up sit down climbing it is the easiest way to go), but the seat height is adjustable so you can bring it all the way up and the bar is at or below your knee...so the bar has never gotten in my way at all. Then, you can lower the seat during firearms/muzzleloader season and it can help aid as a rest. Of course...that is just my opinion...and everybody has one...just like you know what else! :wink:

Here is a link to see one:
http://www.summitstands.com/catalog.aspx?catID=viper

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
I've posted a dozen or so times that you can't beat the Summit Python for both a bow, and gun stand. The bar on the front goes up for a gun rest during firearm season, and down for a footrest during bow season giving you a full open front stand for bow hunting. It only weighs 22lbs total. Best of all, you can get one from the Cabela's 2005 master catalog for $199.99 The Summit Viper is almost the same stand, but with a wraparound bar on the upper part of the stand, which may make you feel a bit more secure at a hunting height.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
stand..

2005Ultramag said:
I've posted a dozen or so times that you can't beat the Summit Python for both a bow, and gun stand. The bar on the front goes up for a gun rest during firearm season, and down for a footrest during bow season giving you a full open front stand for bow hunting. It only weighs 22lbs total. Best of all, you can get one from the Cabela's 2005 master catalog for $199.99 The Summit Viper is almost the same stand, but with a wraparound bar on the upper part of the stand, which may make you feel a bit more secure at a hunting height.
Yeah...the Python is a great one too! I think the whole line of Summit stands are great.

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
Agreed. I'd have had a Viper if the store hadn't been out of it at the time. It's the one most like what I was used to, a steel Cabela's Cable Elite, which is really cheap, but weighs 32lbs. I settled for the Python, and now that I'm used to the Python I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts