1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have both but prefer the climber.

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
I chose the sticks, but I am not in a situation that I have to take them with me every time to keep the thieves honest.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
I use both ...
Ol'Man Pro Alum. climber
Gorilla Loc-On with Rapid Rails

Use the climber about 90% of the time ..

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
i use a climber. its extremely comfortable. the only pain is finding a good tree to sit in.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Non typical Rapid Rails

I can get up a tree with these as fast as anyone with a climber. I can leave them to go back to the truck, put them up the night before and sneak into a spot the next morning. I can get up trees climbers can't. I never find a hunting spot with a perfect tree. However, climbers are definitely more comfortable.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i use both prefer sticks easier to sneak in and sneak out
How are they easier to sneak in and out on? (I'm asking as I have never used them and so I wouldn't know one way or the other) I just assumed they would be cumbersome to carry in and clanky to get up and on the tree...

Those of you who have used/use both, which is more work/breaks a sweat faster?

·
Registered
323 Posts
It all depends on your situation..As many know...I love the LW sticks, and hang on, being I can get in that twisted crooked tree, that is if the climber was on my back, I would have to move on and find something more practical:( With that said, My climber is just as quiet as using the sticks but sticks are alot more work going up and down to get the job completed, as we all know, but with the sticks, you can get where you need to be, 95% of the time..Im not going to say one is better than the other, like I said before, it all depends on you current situation;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
How are they easier to sneak in and out on? (I'm asking as I have never used them and so I wouldn't know one way or the other) I just assumed they would be cumbersome to carry in and clanky to get up and on the tree...

Those of you who have used/use both, which is more work/breaks a sweat faster?
Hangin a stand and using sticks will get the heat rolling fast, Climbing is alot less dicking around, but if you take your time and be quiet, being in the tree you know is the ticket, it will make your hunt feel alot more positive from the get-go:darkbeer:

·
Registered
482 Posts
how about those of us that hunt with gaffs? its a ton easier than sticks because all you have to carry in is your stand and your hooks..... sooooooo much easier. i dont know how other people do it but there are a ton of us in ga that hunt with them here... plus you can leave a stand in with no way to get up there without hooks... more practical than a climber..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts