Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you all use for holding your bows in climbing stands.

I have an API and a Pearson spoiler. This is my first year hunting from non homemade stands.

-Dave

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I use an average screw in bow holder that you can pic up at walmart for about $2 or $3. Never failed me yet,,, just screw it into the tree at whatever height you want it to be. Only problem for me, i forgot it a couple of times but after setting my climber back up a few times i have learned to take it out of the tree before i climb down :wink:

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Realtree Hanger...

Get one of the swiveling Realtree bow hangers. It screws into the tree and has one or two (depending on the model) hinges that allow it to be positioned where you want it. I had the stand mounted holder last year and it cost me a coyote and almost cost me my buck. Getting it off the stand holders is tricky w/o being noticed b/c it's a long ways fromt he bottom of you stand to your shoulder.

The bow hanger can be set up so that' its right in front of you so there is minimal movement when reaching for the bow.

BTW, they are also inexpensive.

You can get them at Bass Pro.... click below.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=33666&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

-ZA206

·
Registered
321 Posts
No holder

I usually hunt where deer can sneak in from multiple directions and be 30 yards or less when you can see them. I've missed oppertunities because the bow was opposite the deer or the deer was too close to reach for the bow without being spotted. You got to get it off the stand/hook before snapping on the release and get to full draw. I suppose you can see it as additional challenge. :wink: But, I prefer to hold my bow most/all of the time that I'm hunting. Now if I need to use a rangefinder, I'd probably use a hook. I wish I had a good bowholder for inside my ground blind.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, that bow crane looks pretty sweet...the hooks might come in handy too.

damn I can't wait...27 more days!!!!

-Dave

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
holder

If I hunt with my Ol' Man climber I use the Ol' Man bow holder on it, works very well....
If I hunt in a hanging stand I either use the Realtree EZ arm thing or Gorrila makes one like it that I use some too...Been known to cut a tree limb off and use it too... :wink:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have an Ole man climber and bought a clamp on type bow holder for it...works well. I also always take 1-2 screw in holders for my quiver and other gear...Like was stated above...unscrew them before you climb down! :D

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
I sometimes use the screw-in from Realtree, but usually just use this one from BassPro (LINK) on my Summit climbers. It's 360-degree fully adjustable and works great.

Best Regards,
Byron

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
screw in hangers

i just buy some of those almost disposable coated screw in hooks, the kind for ladders but smaller, and stick them in when i get to the right heighth. They're like 6 for $5, so I'm not overly concerned whn i forget them, which is about 50% of the time.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I use eaither an easy hanger style holder or the one that summit sells. Actually summit sells them but i think "high point products" is the company who makes them. Its a clamp on bowholder that rotates to a crapload of ppostions. Thats always on my climber. However depending on the setup and whatnot ill take the easy hanger along with me in case.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I have an API and a Pearson bow as well. I found one at WalMart that connects to the standing platform on the side and holds my bow down at my left side. When not using the stand or packing it in, it is loose enough I fold out of the way. Works great. It srubber coated and well made. If I can remeber I will post a pic of it.

Its alot like Byron's post above.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Wow i didnt see byrons pic at first. Thats the same one i have. I think its made by high point products. I think cabelas has them listed in the mag. Ya may wanna check there. :teeth:

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I will face the tree alot of times and will just have one of those hooks that is coated with a layer of rubber. You can buy them at wally world, home depot, lowes. If I am facing away from the tree I will use my Realtree hanger. JMO, but the Realtree hanger with the three sections is the better one.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
njshadowwalker said:
I use either an easy hanger style holder or the one that summit sells. Actually summit sells them but i think "high point products" is the company who makes them. Its a clamp on bowholder that rotates to a crapload of ppostions. Thats always on my climber. However depending on the setup and whatnot ill take the easy hanger along with me in case.
Yep, the High Point Products one is the one I posted above. Very nice bow holder.

Best Regards,
Byron

1 - 17 of 17 Posts