Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts? What is more mobile and easiest to use? I currently use a Loc-On Windwalker with lone wolf climbing sticks. I would like to try one of the Lone Wolf Climbers. There are a lot of straight cottonwoods in my area. I do seem to make some noise with the climbing sticks.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I have both. I use the hangon on when I can leave it up for awhile without the threat of it being stolen. When in other areas or when I go to a new spot I use my older model Loggy climber. It is all wnat you era comfortable with. Some guys do not feel safe with the climbersand prefeer using steps and hangons.

·
Registered
456 Posts
last year when i went to illinois all i had was hang ons with climbing sticks. i don't like going into a place but once to minimize scent. it was awfully hard to carry a stand, 20 ft. of sticks, my bow, and all my other stuff. not to mention noisy. this year, i will be packing a climber. but i will be taking my hang on w/ sticks just in case i find the perfect spot, but no perfect trees.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Climber

Well 99.9% of the time now I use a climbing stand "Ol' Man Multivision" but I do like a fixed stand, only problem is that some ******* always steels em so I dont use em much anymore.....I have 2 sets of climbing sticks that I have never used....I'm going to hang an OLD chain on stand I've had for years on some Govt Land this weekend and remove all the steps when I leave, hopefully it'll stay there for a few days before some prick decides he needs it more than I do.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts