Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Climbing Sticks and Ladders.Do any of you have trouble with these coming apart or close to it and what do you do about it? I have a ladder stand that the steps keep coming apart.I drilled holes and put clevis's in them.I also have a climbing stick that sank in the dirt a little and it's wanting to come apart.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Climbing Sticks

Blue - I use climbing sticks exclusively. I changed from screw in steps a few years ago after thinking about what a fish must feel like when gutted with a dull knife.

I use the strong built 20' sticks and probably have over 100 on my property. Easy to set up and never a problem. Pretty cheap to at $50.00 a pop.

The key is to put them together and lean them up against the tree. Then attach the straps as you climb. Never had a problem. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
waknstak said:
Blue - I use climbing sticks exclusively. I changed from screw in steps a few years ago after thinking about what a fish must feel like when gutted with a dull knife.

I use the strong built 20' sticks and probably have over 100 on my property. Easy to set up and never a problem. Pretty cheap to at $50.00 a pop.

The key is to put them together and lean them up against the tree. Then attach the straps as you climb. Never had a problem. Hope that helps.
I hear you about the screw in steps..As I said,I have had both the climbing steps and a ladder come apart on me.Both caused by the bottom step sinking into the ground.Guess I'll have to start putting a board or something under the first step.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts