Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Lone Wolf sticks that I use with my mobile set up and they work great.I am looking a few sets of climbing sticks that are economical to put a some of my local farms.I will put these sets up and leave them for a week or two at the time.I don't care if they are steel and a bit heavy,I will not be moving them around alot.Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
ameristep rapid rails, i bought the steel one for 80 4 of them get u up about 15 to 16 ft i love them i have a couple of them

and

buck steps very modile but wouldn't suggest them i like my foot in a ladder or summithn

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
sportman guide

sportsman guide has a set for 20' and they are only 39.95 and he guarentees your sayisfaction! i have bought a ton of hunting stuff though him!

·
DefiantShooter
10,949 Posts
Cabela's

They have some pretty good sale prices some times.......

·
Registered
491 Posts
Bass Pro Sops has 15' strongbuilts sticks for $29.95 right now. Thats the cheapest I have seen. But the 20' for 39.95 sounds cheaper for a twenty than I have seen.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
rackaholic said:
Bass Pro Sops has 15' strongbuilts sticks for $29.95 right now. Thats the cheapest I have seen. But the 20' for 39.95 sounds cheaper for a twenty than I have seen.

The 15' model is what I have set up on the properties I hunt now. I am 6' and between 250-260 (weight fluctuates with lifting) and these things support me just fine. They have been in the woods for about 5 years now. I check them before the start of every season and thus far I haven't had any issues at all.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Check out the Rivers Edge climbing sticks in Cabela's and BPS/Redhead. They are like $50 and are a less noticable dull brown color and feature steps equally on both sides. They are the best ones I've found and I have all kinds of them scattered around my property. I also buy a 5ft extension so that all of mine are 20ft sticks.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Just bought 3 20 footers from Rural King for $44 apice. They are hunter's view I think. They work very well I had 2 already, and am very happy with them.

There might not be a Rural King in your area, not sure how much they have grown lately.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
manboy said:
sportsman guide has a set for 20' and they are only 39.95 and he guarentees your sayisfaction! i have bought a ton of hunting stuff though him!
I bought an API 20' stick ladder this week at Bass Pro's annual hunting sale/show.

I would perfer the ones that are individual peices,not one continuous stick.
Bass Pro also has the gorilla stick sections that are not continous for 14.99. They are 3 ft sections (I think) and since I already have three climbing sticks (much like Lone Wolf) in the gorilla brand. It would be a good deal in the next month to get 2 more of these and be able to go 20 or more feet in a narly tree.

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts