Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a older pair of climbing stick that I have been sitting on for a few years. I don't know who made them by they are older steel stick. I am thinking of getting them out to use for spring hunting and for next fall as well. The thing about them is that when you attached then to a tree you have an 1/2" rope that goes around the tree then has a cleat that you would half hitch the rope onto. is there a way to convert these to a more modern clinch strap system? Or should I just used the rope and not worry about it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a picture. The rope is on the right and the cleat is on the left. Looks like I could hook up some straps pretty easy but don't know if it will make it unsafe

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Here is a picture. The rope is on the right and the cleat is on the left. Looks like I could hook up some straps pretty easy but don't know if it will make it unsafe
I don't see the picture, I just use rope and do away with any metal cleats or connectors. They are just too noisy and would prefer just to tie with the rope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts