Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m considering purchasing the Tethrd Skeletors and was wondering if you all liked em. Also are there any recommendations for other sticks around the same price point or lower.

· archery nut
6,477 Posts
I really like them a lot…

I’ve used lone wolf sticks since 2000, I’ve also used muddys and like the tethrd better… They are more compact (shorter) than lone wolfs so I can strap them to my pack easier and they are solid on the tree. I like the double steps and how they stick out from the tree. Plus, they are silent.

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, I’ve used the xop mini’s with a single step also had a cable aider on em the last two seasons. Looking for a double step and the skeletors look like they pack well. I appreciate the input looking like I’ll get em, thanks God Bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
5,201 Posts
If you don't have big feet the Hawk Helium 20" sticks are hard to beat for the price. They work great for me and I wear a 10.5 boot. Can get a 4 pack for less than $120 usually.

Reactions: BTJunkie

· Registered
158 Posts
If you don't have big feet the Hawk Helium 20" sticks are hard to beat for the price. They work great for me and I wear a 10.5 boot. Can get a 4 pack for less than $120 usually.
I've seen these mentioned elsewhere and they seem like a good deal. Is there a consensus on whether the 20" or 30" flavor is better? Sometimes I see the 4 pack of 20" sticks selling for more than a 4 pack of the 30" sticks, hence the confusion.

· Registered
5,201 Posts
I've seen these mentioned elsewhere and they seem like a good deal. Is there a consensus on whether the 20" or 30" flavor is better? Sometimes I see the 4 pack of 20" sticks selling for more than a 4 pack of the 30" sticks, hence the confusion.
The 30" come in a 3 pack. The 20" are easier to pack in and have an 18" step distance. The shorter step distance on the 30" is a waste IMO. I used three 20" sticks with single step aiders last year. This year I'm using three 20" sticks with a movable aider. I can get 15-18ft platform height with three sticks and single aider. It's thick where I hunt so no need to go higher.

They arent the lightest or greatest sticks, but they are hard to beat for the money. I use webbing daisy chains instead of the cam buckle straps.

· Registered
1,193 Posts
I have two sets of 30" with an extra 30" with a two step aider. I use those to sets to hang in trees where I know I'll hunt a few times and I just have to take my extra in with the aider instead of the whole set.

I swapped to the wild edge step for my mobile setup. The bag fits right in my pack and they're easier to transport and climb with.

The 30" sticks are just a bit too bulky for my liking when it comes to being mobile.

· Registered
30,600 Posts
I had the longer Hawk Helium sticks that I modded and still wasn't a huge fan. The original LW sticks are still really good, but I also improved them by putting EWO double steps on the top and EWO web daisy chains. This past winter I purchased a set of Tethrd Skeletors and there is nothing that needs to be done.....just take them out of the box and hunt. I know some will contend that stealth stripped their Skeletors, but that is a preference and not a necessity.

· Premium Member
PSE
334 Posts
Just buy some of the no hole beast sticks a guy has a set of 4 for 260 or something like that in the classifieds. You will not regret it or buy them new. They are rock solid. I can't think of a better stick for the money or buy 3 and add cable aiders. You can't go wrong with beast sticks IMO

· Registered
61 Posts
The skeletors are great, especially if you can nab them on sale. Either way they're not regrettable. I say this with fingers crossed that the new and improved standoffs holdup better than the original.

· Registered
3,555 Posts
I’ve been running 4 Skeletors this year, rope aider on the first stick and I use a swaider on the rest. I get well over 20’. They are a great stick that doesn’t require any modding.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’m a 10.5 as well, hard to beat their price point, do they pack up well and how’s the weight?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’ve tried at least 10 different sticks. Skeltors are the first ones that haven’t made me want to look for other options. Love ‘em!
Awesome thanks, the xop’s were decent but the skeletors seemed pretty great on the website but great to hear hunters like em

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had the longer Hawk Helium sticks that I modded and still wasn't a huge fan. The original LW sticks are still really good, but I also improved them by putting EWO double steps on the top and EWO web daisy chains. This past winter I purchased a set of Tethrd Skeletors and there is nothing that needs to be done.....just take them out of the box and hunt. I know some will contend that stealth stripped their Skeletors, but that is a preference and not a necessity.
I was considering stealth stripping em but prob won’t just in case I ever resell, been using camo hockey tape on the buckles of my platform (trophyline edp) to quiet em.

• Helpful
Reactions: Alaska at heart

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm extremely pleased with my Skeletors. When taking into account price, weight, how well they bite the tree, packing, attachment method, foot room, etc...I think they're the total package.
Nice, they seem to hold up well on top of that

1 - 20 of 42 Posts