Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Swish...............Thunk
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at some climbing tree stands. Two of the front runners are the Lonewolf sit and climb and the Summit goliath. I've never tried one before and dont know much about them. I just want something that isnt too heavy (i pack in a few miles) and is sturdy (I'm about 6'5 and 275 lbs). Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Lone Wolf are the best!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Hmmm

Nope - Summit are the best :wink:

Just busting on ya wibow

I do really like my summit. they are light and pack easy plus they feel awesome up the tree from a stability point of view.

Try to find both in a shop and "feel" them so you can get a sense for what makes sense to you... In my brief experience on AT, you will get lots of answers to this question and about 50/50 split summit and lone wolf. They are both great products.

Will

·
Registered
703 Posts
The lone wolf is quiter, lighter and very easy to climb with and I think somewhat better than most summit stands but I have a hard time parting with the extra $100 or so dollars.

I am in the market for a stand myself and with tax the Lone wolf sit and climb goes for near $400 with tax. Ouch The summits are alot easier on my wallet.

·
Registered
566 Posts
hands down the lone wolf, if you have to pack it aways the lone wolf is lighter, I have both the summit imo is more comfortable but the lone wolf dominates when it comes to weight and noise.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have no experience with the Lone Wolf stands, but I had a Summit Viper and gave it away because it was awkward to pack into the field due to its geometry. If I get a new climber, it will be a model that folds flat and weighs less than 20lbs, preferably one that weights 15lbs or less.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have the summit razor and the lone wolf alpha climber. The summit is more comfortable but the wolf is lighter and easier to pack into long distance stand locations. The lone wolf is more expensive also.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have had three different Summit stands over the years, so I guess I am a bit biased. I currently have a Vipor. This stand is rated at 300 lbs and is the most comfortable stand I have ever hunted out of. Even though you weigh 275 lb, the Vipor would be more than capable of supporting you with extra clothing and gear. They are built extremely well. They always rate a stands capacity at about 1/2 of what it could really handle in testing due to liability reasons I bet. The Goliath is rated at 350 lbs, it's little bigger and wider and weighs a few lbs more. Unless you need the extra room. I would choose the Vipor. You'll save about $30, it's less weight (20lbs I think) and it's all day comfortable. It does seem like a lot of people prefer Lone Wolf because it's a little lighter to pack longer distances, but Summit has the market for a reason. I pack my stand long distances too, and when I get there, I like to stay awhile. I has to be comfortable. You won't be sorry. My two cents.:)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
lone wolf

just cant go wrong with a lone wolf it is rock solid and packs flat and is light too. oh and i feel secure in it! 270lbs of creekchub

1 - 10 of 10 Posts