Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from From the Southern US! This native Texan will be hunting whitetail in Edmonton the last week of November, this fall.

The time has come to start purchasing some cold weather gear and I figured I should go directly to the source--what brand(s) of clothing/gear do y'all recommend? I know that Cabela's has some products to offer, but is there anything else that y'all like? Obviously, the weather in South Texas during the fall/winter is dramatically different than that in Canada, so I usually can get away with lighter layers.

My main areas of concern are a jacket, pants, socks, and boots (open to all areas though). I'm 6'3" 220 lbs. athletic build (if that helps in some of your recommendations). My budget is pretty wide open.

Thank you for your input!

·
Registered
28 Posts
check out Shiver Shield.com.... I have some and it will absolutely keep you warm, while wearing next to nothing underneath it. trust me on this one.

·
Registered
515 Posts
If rick is recommending Shiver Shield.com I would take his word on it, he puts a lot of time into his hunting adventures

check out Shiver Shield.com.... I have some and it will absolutely keep you warm, while wearing next to nothing underneath it. trust me on this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts