Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just received approval to open an 40 Target 3D course at Powder Creek Shooting Park. Now I have a task at hand to set up the Club Rules on the matter. Any suggestions on rules that you have seen or rules that you would like to see. I know, rules...schmules!! But I have to have them in place to keep you all safe.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Club Rules

Because we are in an area that shoots mostly ibo shoots we use the ibo rules with some modification to suit the majority of shooters.
MBO class movable sights shoots from the bowhunter stake. 45yd max
MBR class fixed pins sights shoots from the bowhunter stake. 45yd max
HUNTER class 4 fixed pins, 12" stablizer, screw in points. 35yd max. from the same distance to 7yds shorter than the bowhunter.
Traditional class longbow or recurve no sights. 30yd max.
COMP class shoot what you bring 50yd max. always 5 to 15 yds longer than bowhunter stakes.
CADET 11years and under 20yd max. little kids shoot from where they are comfortable MUST BE ABLE TO SCORE.
Women and young adults(15, 16, & 17) bowhunter stakes seperate classes so they don't have to compete against the men.
Youth 12, 13 &14 Shoot from the traditional stakes.
If you are in an area the is more ASA orinated then you might want to modify the rules to suit the majority of shooters that does not shoot ASA shoots.
We charge $9.00 for adult males, $4.00 for women, young adults and youth, Cadets are free.
Good Luck
Charlie

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
You need to put a big sign next to the stakes for the first target that reads

ONE ARROW PER TARGET!

It cost a club about $3 in target replacement cost alone to send a shooter through a 30 target course. last month, we had a group go through and empty their quivers into every target out. Not only did they slow play (we had 97 shooters) but calculations indicate they cost the club $15 to $18 each, and paid $10 for Registration.

Guys will chew up you course with irresponsible behaviors if you let them, then, they will be the first to complain about poor condition targets.

If they ignore the sign and do what those Bozos did, kick them off the course immediately, and if they come back and do it again, Ban them permanently. You are better off without them, and spread the word about what happened, to discourage that kind of irresponsible behavior.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
We just received approval to open an 40 Target 3D course at Powder Creek Shooting Park. Now I have a task at hand to set up the Club Rules on the matter. Any suggestions on rules that you have seen or rules that you would like to see. I know, rules...schmules!! But I have to have them in place to keep you all safe.
You can find our rules here:

http://www.mygpaa.com

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rules

Thank you for the link... You have a very interactive website, its nice. I spent many a year stationed not too far from you, at Ft Bragg. Lots of good memories in NC. If I could get my husband to leave Kansas I would move back there, in a heartbeat!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need to put a big sign next to the stakes for the first target that reads

ONE ARROW PER TARGET!

It cost a club about $3 in target replacement cost alone to send a shooter through a 30 target course. last month, we had a group go through and empty their quivers into every target out. Not only did they slow play (we had 97 shooters) but calculations indicate they cost the club $15 to $18 each, and paid $10 for Registration.

Guys will chew up you course with irresponsible behaviors if you let them, then, they will be the first to complain about poor condition targets.

If they ignore the sign and do what those Bozos did, kick them off the course immediately, and if they come back and do it again, Ban them permanently. You are better off without them, and spread the word about what happened, to discourage that kind of irresponsible behavior.

I am not shy to make an example out of someone...ecspecially if he is costing me money!!

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Make that sign "No Trophies for Classes with less than 3 Shooters".

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Our club policy for Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clay tournaments is no prize awarded if there aren't at least 3 entrants in that class. The difference with shotgun sports is that you are not classed by gender, but by skill level. We do have a concurrent "lady", but there still have to be more than three ladies to issue a prize. I have seen the threads you are referring to... some people just don't get it. :wink:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Make that sign "No Trophies for Classes with less than 3 Shooters".
You are 100% right. Must have 3 shooters minumin. :thumbs_up
Make sure the course is marked very well so people don't get lost or walk in front of other shooters. If you have a pull and return target let the shooters know that it is a pull and return. I go to this one 3D course and I have to figure out what to do. It slows things down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts