Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I accept defeat. I and several others tried to organize a club and after one year, I am out of gas.

First everyone wanted the club but only a few wanted it with costs associated. We had to have some money to pay for insurance because it was mandatory (not to mention wise). That dropped the interest group down. Then we just barely got the money in to start and I had to write charters and all kinds of other legal documents to get the club approved.

Have a meeting-a few show up/maybe nobody. Have a fun shoot-maybe I turn out to be the only one who shows up (is it my deodorant?). Send out mail-no replies.

I have more going on now with the guys next door. It may not be a club with just three but it is better than the one we tried to start.

Or is this club business just difficult because it is Alabama not some of the other areas that have great clubs? Why is it I see great clubs that I would pay the dues to be part of on the web or when I go to York PA? Are all clubs difficult to start?

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
We have a club here with over400 members. It costs $50 a year. They have a 40 yd range indoors and you can shoot there for free all year. Well worth the $50, I think. They also send out flyers to let you know when the shoots are in the area. Have tourneys indoor in the winter and 3-D outside in the summer. It's a good thing, IMO.:D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nexus6, might be cause there wasn't any shoot held on the Arsenal.

TVA, Silver Arrow, Limestone County, High Tech Archery, and Winston County Bowhunters have been doing pretty good this year.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Could you help a new LA Club?

Sorry you had these setbacks Sir

Would you be good enouhg to send acopy fo yoru contiutuiionand by laws to a fledgign littel club inm Eastrn LA?

Dot Granthm is a Retired nurse and widow that is starting a new 3-D & Bowhunting club on her farm

She is in dire need of info

If you could photocopy what you have she would be greatful

If you do that I will send you some of my Tinks # 69 doe in rut Buck Lure OK? To Cover your xerox and mailing costs OK?

from the death of your club might spring a new Club into life

Please MAIL stuff & Info
DOT GRANTHAM
Bush Bowhunters
31059 M Grantham Rd
BUSH LA 70431 4305

Thanks I am 1000 miles awsa in Virginia and I cant help that much

TINK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts