Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i hate to buy either of these due to the price but i cant take it anymore...

buck bran has worked well in the past and is still working...

which seems to work better for u GUYS...

also, acorns are all over my backyard and i pick them up an put them in my spots...but...

has anyone thought about grinding them up with corn,salt, and soy beans or soy bean oil.. kinda making ur own attractant/bait??? Maybe an old blender

· Registered
351 Posts
Home brew! ever made hard rock candy? just like that but for deer. Use sugar, dark corn surup, apple juice and hole corn or acorns you have to add some stuff to harden it but you can get at any food store it will be flavored just get apple flavor. Works good. You just bring everything to a boil except the corn or acorns. grease a bucket up with lard pour it in ad add the corn/acorns when it starts to get thick. Depending on how big a block you made it will last a couple of weeks.

· Registered
3,555 Posts
ive tried it all, I still have 8- 1 gallon jugs of the cmere deer powder, 9 qt bottles of the concentrate, & a dozen of the RTU bottles in my basement sitting there. I had no luck with C'Mere Deer. Now the Acorn Rage was so so but had more ***** than anything. Best thing I found was the brown trace mineral blocks from Tractor Supply, I have the same bucks hitting it daily if not definitely every other day as well as does and fawns. Now I also put a Trophy Rock with them and they hit them both. I was given about everything out there to sample and the mineral blocks & T.R. worked the best in bring them back and in front of my cams, and during daylight hours. Best thing is ***** don't touch the blocks & T.R.'s!

· Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea ***** get into some of my corn..i have went through 10gal of molasses so far also...i get it pretty cheap..my friend tried acorn rage infuzed and it seemed to work but man were there bee's all over it...

just trying to come up with some ideas..

· Registered
2,841 Posts
Right now I'm making my own "homebrew" attractents.

Bought from the feed store:
Rice Bran
Soy Bean Meal
Cracked Corn
Whole kernal Corn
Oats
Stock Salt
Trace Mineral
DiCal Phosphate
Molasses
Soy Bean Oil
Preservatives
Organic Apple Powder
Apple liquid contentrate
Peanut Butter

Paid some school kids to gather me up a 5 gallon pail full of acorns:wink: And I went out and picked 5 pails of fresh apples.

Bought me a hard shell nut crusher off of ebay for $30
Also bought off ebay a 700 watt 10 speed blender

I'm making my own stump licks...

Use the hard shell nut crusher to take all those products down to "real fine powder" except the apples.

The soy oil is used like a "paint thinner" for the molasses.

After I get my products down to powder form mix a little soy oil with molasses in the blender then drop various powder mixtures in the molasses while its blending.

Keep on blending..really can't over blend here.

Then towards the end there of blending add about 1/8 cup of preservative to 1 gallon of mixture mix total.

Right now I have about 10 different combos of stump licks made..still testing them out on game cam pics and jazz video to see how my results. SO far so good!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.