Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Just switched my WB for a Cobra Diamound back drop away.
My questionis I set up the rest perfect with a laser center shot and all.
With the set up ok how does the "built in arrow holder" work? I have my arrow centerd with the mounting bolts perfect. and the built in arrow rest never touches? Did I set these rest up wrong?
Ill post pics later.
Im shooting a 2004 Pro-Line MT30 With CX300 arrows. At 70lbs and 272fps

·
Registered
256 Posts
Diamondback

No....it's nothing you did wrong. The only way to take advantage of the built in arrow holder is to mount it at a severe angle downwards from the back of the bow towards thr front. Having said that, it's still a great rest and will treat you right.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
iddave said:
No....it's nothing you did wrong. The only way to take advantage of the built in arrow holder is to mount it at a severe angle downwards from the back of the bow towards thr front. Having said that, it's still a great rest and will treat you right.
I went the pro shop that I bought the rest at today. We sat there for saom time setting the same rest up on a bow. With the help of the guys we were able the get the rest set up and use the arrow holder, on a bow. So it is possible without the rest being on a tilted angle. I will be getting mine set up properly and Ill keep ya posted.
Thanks Rockys Great Outdoors!!!!! Great service !!!!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yes, that is a VERY nice rest now that we got yours figured out GPH. Only thing is, you have to shoot it odd feather up, no big deal, it will give you 100% vane clearence.

·
Registered
397 Posts

From the image, I will try to explain the best way we figured out how to set it up. Mount the rest so that it is straight, meaning where the rest mounts onto the bow, make sure it is straight. While the rest is in the DOWN position, loosen the screws holding the launcher (#1 in image). Adjust the rest so it is just above the shelf on the riser, leave as little gap as possable. Tighten the screws. Pull up the rest and hold it there, put the arrow on and Adjust the adjusment screw (#2 in image), as you turn it im, the rest will drop, turn it out the rest will rise. Adjust it so that the arrow properly crosses the rest mount holes in the riser. This is how you adjust the Cobra DiamondBack rest so it is at the right hight for the bow.

Thank You.

MichiganMan

·
32,710 Posts
MichiganMan said:
Yes, that is a VERY nice rest now that we got yours figured out GPH. Only thing is, you have to shoot it odd feather up, no big deal, it will give you 100% vane clearence.
I think that may be the only problem with the Shakey Hunter. Vane clearance! I've heard that it has bothered some and I've a mind to go with the GK TKO and see how it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts